Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xmas Bonus / Holidays

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,527 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

the reason why i originally emphasised the fact of the size / wealth of the company was to stress the stingeyness of it

i think everyone replying with 'i work for the biggest etc' is a bit strange!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Where I work stays open 24/7 no matter what comes along. Holidays are for the weak:
    I'll keep it short and sweet. Family, religion, friendship. These
    are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed in business.
    When opportunity knocks, you don't want to be driving to a maternity
    hospital or sitting in some phony-baloney church.
    Or synagogue.
    Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

I'm off 21st - 2nd and I will get a fair few quid into my hand :)

Its a small enough company, small enough to know who works and who doesn't so the bonuses reflect that.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,208 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

It's my first Christmas in my current job so I'm not sure about a Christmas bonus, but we work a half day on the 23rd, and we're back in on the 27th I think. Doesn't bother me, really. I'd rather be working than be sat at home adding to my already over sized waist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

2 week's wages as a bonus (take home approx half that, thanks Mr. Taxman :mad: ) and off Christmas Day and Stephen's Day, back to work as normal on the 27th.
    The good thing this year is Christmas Eve is on a Sunday so treble time for whatever hours I work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I work for a heartless, bloodthirsty British high-street store, which makes most of its money at Christmas. Christmas is the worst time of year for its staff, as we get abused, shouted at etc. We get 2 days off and we get our basic pay (your weekly contracted hours) as a bonus, which is sh*tty seeing as 90% of the staff are on 6 hour a week contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I work for the BIGGEST Irish Bank and we get the 25th -27th off and the 1st and 2nd (I think maybe the 3rd too). So put that in ur pipe and smoke it :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ahhh yes I miss being a student, until I think about all that filthy money im earning! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Donegal Lass

will you deposit some in my account??

im off from 22nd to the 3rd....

Bonus??? are ye having a laugh?

Last year i was getting the 25th and 26th off and because it was in galway i would spend ten hours of that travelling......so i told them to stick it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

My place closes from 22nd December to 2nd January and I have to keep 3 days of my annual leave for this. Nice little break though. No bonus but we get taken out for Christmas dinner with a few free drinks in mid-December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Igy wrote:
    You might want to think long and hard about that one.

speaking of long and hard, that particular employer are well known for shafting people.

They aint as bad as they are said to be, i get 9-5 four days a week with one late say 3-10 ( out at ten on the nose ) and no problems getting time off and i aint even full time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Working for the public sector - we only have to work 2 days between the 22nd and the 2nd, but kept a holiday from during the year, so only working one day. Don't get a bonus at all, but come out with a bottle or two..

The company I used to work for though, we got the whole of Christmas off, 2 Christmas parties all expenses paid, a ton of bottles & really big bonus. Twas hard getting used to the public sector!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,459 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Off just before Christmas through New Years weekend. Bonus? Are you kidding? They gave me the bird!*

*Frozen turkey.

Advertisement