Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Don't use the Nokia Service Centre in Cork

• 29-11-2006 1:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

<rant on>I need to get the firmware upgraded on my n93, as the phone has issues connecting to 3g networks, and not to GSM networks - a diagnosed firmware issue. Nokia's own online updated can't do the n93 yet, so I left my phone in with the Nokia Service Centre on Patrick's Quay here in Cork.

Firstly, I was told my phone would be an hour to flash. So I phone back after the hour, and was told it would a day. I complained in a polite manner, and was met with distain, and told my phone would be ready in 2 hours. I phoned after 2 hours, and was told it would be ready in a further hour. Eventually, I went to collect the handset, and was blown away by the lack of service, and collection of bull**** I was confronted with.

I was told my phone wouldn't flash, so naturally I asked why, and did the software generate an error message. I was told no, no error message. So I asked the technician for his opinion on why my phone wouldn't flash - he then proceeded to give a feeble "Your phone has special firmware we can't read" excuse. I pointed out my firmware version is 10.0.025 - a standard firmware version, no network locks, no testing versions. I asked which version was he trying to upgrade me to, 11.0.034 was the answer - which is 3 months out of date. The current firmware is 20.0.058, so not only did they not have the correct attitude, they didn't have the correct update.

He told me that I didn't understand about Firmware, and he was much more knowledgable. So we compared Engineering Qualifications which left him looking a little red faced ;)

After that, he told me the software told him my version of firmware was not recognised. So I confronted him asking "Well, first you told me there's no error from the software, now you're telling me there is, which is it?", he went pale, and stuttered.

Simply, this guy was too damn lazy to upgrade my firmware, and came up with every half arse excuse in the book. I've logged my complaint with Nokia Ireland, and with the Business themselves, but it's disgraceful service for someone who has had a decade of brand loyalty to Nokia, I've had most of the Nokia flagship handsets from the Analogue 232, to the n93, and have been an early adopter of new tech as the years went on, and yes, I know being an early adopter means you're always the Guinea Pig with recalls/updates, however Nokia Service was always exceptional, but it's amazing to have one idiot bring it all down.
    </rant off>

Advertisement