Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lessons

• 29-11-2006 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Im looking for someone who teaches Le Parkour around South Dublin/City Centre area ? Or any info with regards to where I can find someone who teaches, cost, etc...
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭El_mariachi

dude friends of mine will teach you for no charge and there are good and sound lads and girls

go to www.pkire.com make a thread about wanting to learn and tell them "Free" sent ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Dr_MalPractice

you could try a gymnastics class. stop laughing, there's method to the madness...
    from a physiological point of view, a lot of the requirements are the same, namely
    balance
    core strength
    flexibility
    coordination and efficiency of movement.
    Who knows, you might meet some like minded heads there. Besides which, a lot of the top parkour heads do have a gymnastics background.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭bugs90

hmm, funny how one seems so appealing and one really doesn't even though, as you said, at their core they're quite similar:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

El Mariachi - enough with the pkeire advertising, we get it now.

Best advice for the OP is to check the forum, theres a fair few lads who have meet ups here, have a read and you'll find out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Xx iFight xX

you could try a gymnastics class. stop laughing, there's method to the madness...
    from a physiological point of view, a lot of the requirements are the same, namely
    balance
    core strength
    flexibility
    coordination and efficiency of movement.
    Who knows, you might meet some like minded heads there. Besides which, a lot of the top parkour heads do have a gymnastics background.

Not so true, parkour is about getting out there and trying it. Jump off walls/houses/people. You can't really teach parkour. Plus gymnastics is expensive. You're best bet is to join an international forum on the topic. Using youtube and yousendit.com you'll learn and be critiqued for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Anything can be taught, because everything is learned. That being said, often people dont realise A)what they know and B) how they learned it. Alas, what a waste. (common sense is my number 1 bête noire)

Op, experimenting by yourself is good, but without some basics you can get hurt. There is a right and a wrong way to fall for example which you dont just realise from watching others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tingtanggirl

Amm . .hi!

Speaking of classes does anyone know of any classes or people that teach parkour in Cork? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Hello,

I'm unaware of anyone running dedicated classes in Cork, however as far as I know there is a large enough community training down your end. If you have a look at the memberlist on http://www.pkire.com I'm sure you'll be able to find someone close to you

Advertisement