Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Wheel Nuts - Quick Question!

Options
  • 29-11-2006 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭

Are wheel nuts interchangeable between different cars (Ordinary Steel Wheels).
    For instance will wheel nuts from a Safrane fit an Almera?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Okay, just realised that the Safrane was a bad example as it uses lug bolts instead of nuts :o
    What about other cars in general though - are lug nuts all the same thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I just know that on Toyota there are different part numbers for the same model and year of car, so my guess is that they're all slightly different. Not something I'd leave to chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Even if they are the same thread size, there are different shoulder patterns, some are rounded and some are conical.
    Do not mix and match or your wheel could pass you out when you least expect it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭damo605

Thanks for the replies - I found out tonight that Honda and Nissan are definitely different anyways (Different thread) :(
    Did find out that Micra and Almera are the same though so maybe it's a manufacturer thing ;)
    Think the conical ones are usually for alloys and the ordinary ones for steel wheels - Well I need the conical ones so off to fleabay I go....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I'd definately go to the main dealer for them. wouldn't trust ebay sellers enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement