Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watford

• 29-11-2006 2:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

Do Watford play the worst football since the Premiership founded ?
    Apparently the match last night was awfull, and they were involved in unsportman like behaviour towards Sheffield .
    Following an assault by 5 or 6 Watford fans , in a pub in London a few years, they have never been my favorite team , so the quicker they go back to where they belong , the better in my opinion.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

thebaz wrote:
    Do Watford play the worst football since the Premiership founded ?

I'd give that to 'award' to the Sunderland side from a couple of years back.
    thebaz wrote:
    Apparently the match last night was awfull,

Truly awful, but there were two equally poor teams in it! Though, in fairness to Watford, they were missing a few key players.
    thebaz wrote:
    and they were involved in unsportman like behaviour towards Sheffield .

What was that? The throw-ins?
    thebaz wrote:
    Following an assault by 5 or 6 Watford fans , in a pub in London a few years, they have never been my favorite team , so the quicker they go back to where they belong , the better in my opinion.

Where do they belong? The Championship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

MrJoeSoap wrote:

What was that? The throw-ins?

Heard Neil Warnock going on about something with towels at throw ins , didn't see the match , and Mr Warnock may be bending the truth a bit for once !

Where do they belong? The Championship?

Well i'm bitter for personal reasons , but Division 1 , would seam about right :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Unsporting towards Sheffield Utd?

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Mad Dog

I only saw the first half of this game and both teams were dreadful IMO.

I can't see either of them surviving in the premiership. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

both Watford and Sheffield United are awful

listening to Neil Warnock after the game you'd swear he won the league

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Watched the first 20 minutes and had to turn it off. It was dreadful stuff. Saw on Sky Sports News this morning that Sheffield United had the better chances and deserved to win it but the goal was clearly offside. Ady Boothroyd wasnt worried though as he said they deserved to lose.

Seems like Watford ballboys had been told to use their towels to dry the ball for a Watford throw and not to dry them for a Sheffield United throw. Warnock thought it was a bit petty for the Premier League. It is.

Anyway, whatever about Sheffield United, Watford will definitely be back where they belong next season. Anywhere but the top flight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

After another thrilling 0 0 , i can honestly say i have never seen a more boring and dour team than Watford in the Premiership .If everyone played football like Watford, football would die . They are the anthisis of the beautifull game , as played by Brazil, Barcelona and arsenal .
    Even though Wimbledon of old played hard physical rote one football, there was something exciting about them , but Watford .. i'd rather watch balroom dancing .

Advertisement