Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Graphics Card? [looking]

Options
  • 29-11-2006 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there any good sites that graphics cards aren't too expensive on?

Will be used for gaming.. doesn't have to be the BEST, but pretty decent :o

Already have P4 3Ghz, gig of ram

/Also, cases, any good cases? I broke the door part on mine :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Probably best here first, the grafeek heads will be able to help you best for what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Does your motherboard support PCI-e or AGP ?

If not sure use CPU-Z to find out, go to the mainboard tab and look at the bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

And how much are you willing to spend ?

Take a look at www.dabs.ie & www.komplett.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

geforce 7600gt will be a good choice, theyre from e130 up to 200
    have a look on adverts.ie, you can get a bargain there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ciarancummins

The ATI X1950Pro is a new card that for the sapphire version on komplett is €204. it blows away the 7600GT. See http://www.tomshardware.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

The ATI X1950Pro is a new card that for the sapphire version on komplett is €204. it blows away the 7600GT. See http://www.tomshardware.com

Yeah but he might not have that much dosh to spend. But its a very good card you have picked all the same. Its the card i would get as i think its great value for its proformance at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

8T8 wrote:
    Does your motherboard support PCI-e or AGP ?

If not sure use CPU-Z to find out, go to the mainboard tab and look at the bottom.

at the graphics interface? lol, it's blanked out:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Erm..well that's not a great sign, on the same tab you will see a chipset label does it say what kind it is ?

The only sure way to know is to open up the computer and take a look inside, in case you don't know this is an AGP slot & this is a PCI-e x16 slot (second from the top).

Advertisement