Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tax query

Options
  • 29-11-2006 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

I have recently received a reminder about overdue road tax from the Revenue, and the reminder quite clearly states that the Revenue "will inform Gardai" if I do not pay Road Tax by date X.

What is to be expected from this?

(Pre-remptive note for busybodies ;) : the car is off the road and in long-term storage overseas)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Wossack

ambro25 wrote:
    I have recently received a reminder about overdue road tax from the Revenue, and the reminder quite clearly states that the Revenue "will inform Gardai" if I do not pay Road Tax by date X.

What is to be expected from this?

(Pre-remptive note for busybodies ;) : the car is off the road and in long-term storage overseas)

Ha yea, I got one of them too... Mine was dated 11th November (top right corner, I think) and I recieved it on the 22nd. The lovely threat they have on it says something along the lines of, acknowledge this form within 10 days are we'll get the Gardai on yer ass... :eek:
    Though mine I just ticked a box, saying my bike is, and will be off the road, signed it and sent it off. When you go to renew your tax at a later date, you'll have to go to a Garda station and sign an extra part of the motor tax renewal (sp?) form in the presence of a Guard - he may ask for proof etc at this point.

Advertisement