Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm supliers

Options
  • 29-11-2006 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi guys

I'm looking for supliers of alarm parts / systems for a self install. Professional quality (aritech, HKC, etc), hard wired. Also looking for a gms sender ( to hook alarm system to mobile phone). Obviously looking for best pricing. Any recommendations???
    tnx
    t

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 gibbers

I purchased an Aritech system from CT Electric. They are in Athlone and Galway, Dublin too I think. I purchased the alarm panel about 160 euro, PIRs at 25 euro approx, door and window sensors at 20 euro approx, internal alarm and external sirons, as well as the expansion unit that allows you connect your phone line into it the alarm panel. I wired the PIRs, Door Contacts, and sirons fairly straight forwardly but when it came to connecting them to the alarm panel and programming the panel itself well thats a different kettle of fish. I could not find enough information on how to do this (either on the web or in the instructions that came with the alarm panel) so I had to call in an expert who programmed and checked the whole system in about a day..total cost 250....good luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

tapest wrote:
    Hi guys

I'm looking for supliers of alarm parts / systems for a self install. Professional quality (aritech, HKC, etc), hard wired. Also looking for a gms sender ( to hook alarm system to mobile phone). Obviously looking for best pricing. Any recommendations???
    tnx
    t

In Dublin? If so Northside or Southside?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

IGT in lucan, wesco in nass or any N.E.W. I would also recommend you have a look at the new Europlex panel. The GSM digi is expensive plus you have the line rental on top. HKC do a GSM unit that comes with a o2 card

Jnealon wrote:
    IGT in lucan, wesco in nass or any N.E.W. I would also recommend you have a look at the new Europlex panel. The GSM digi is expensive plus you have the line rental on top. HKC do a GSM unit that comes with a o2 card

Where in Lucan is IGT? Are they wholesalers or just alarm suppliers?
    N.E.W. always have what you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

They are in Hills ind est before chadwicks on the right, been there for years

• Advertisement

Jnealon wrote:
    They are in Hills ind est before chadwicks on the right, been there for years

Is that in the same yard as chadwicks or across the road. They must be only security systems?

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭tapest

Beach Head wrote:
    In Dublin? If so Northside or Southside?

HI B/H
    I'm in Dublin ,North side....but will travel over the Liffey...no problem
    t

Northside, the best is Phelan Security. They are in an industrial estate off Richmond Rd. A bit tricky to find but they will have everything you need. There is also N.E.W. on New Wapping St.

I think that both of these places close at 1200 on a Saturday so if you were planning on getting the gear today, sorry for the late post.

Southside, I only use N.E.W. in Ballymount. They're behind Coopers on Ballymount Rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

You can do GSM with a ready to go card. I have boards here from www.tell.hu and somebody posted a link here previousily for another board but I cant find it.

towbar wrote:
    You can do GSM with a ready to go card. I have boards here from www.tell.hu and somebody posted a link here previousily for another board but I cant find it.

There is a new plug and play HKC GSM sender designed for the Securewatch panels coming out in the New Year, it's designed for the domestic market and will possibly retail for about € 200

OP, I only included the price of the normal hardwired dialler in my previous estimate. Sorry.

• Advertisement
Advertisement