Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deep low pressure(Sunday 3/12/06,next one to watch)

Options
  • 11-10-2007 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭

I just received this mail:
    Issued at 13:24 Wednesday, 29-Nov-06

Warning of Severe Weather.

General :

An intense winter storm is developing in Mid Atlantic today Wednesday and will move northwards towards Iceland. It will pass c. 600 nm WEST of Ireland later tonight and will introduce very strong and very blustery southerly winds for tonight and much of tomorrow. A spell of heavy rain will cross the country during Thursday, and very rough south to southwest seas will develop for tomorrow also.

Warning Details :

Wind : Southerly winds will increase 45 to 60 km/h tonight, and continue for much of the day tomorrow Thursday. Gusts of 100 to 130 km/h will occur, - with the highest gusts expected in exposed parts of Connacht, West Ulster and West Munster.

Valid 30/0000 to 30/1600.

Rainfall : Between 20 and 40 mm of rain are expected, with the highest totals expected to occur over parts of Munster and South Leinster during daylight hours.

Valid 30 /0800 to 30 / 1900

Seas : Very rough or high south to southwest seas will affect our Coasts on Thursday also.

Valid 30 /0600 to 30 / 2400

Looks like it is going to get rough.

Mod's I was going to put this in the other thread but thought it deserved its own, apologies if I'm wrong.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement