Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help!!

Options
  • 29-11-2006 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

im staying in Orranmore over the new year and need a litle bit of help.

Im staying in Renville Village holiday homes in Orranmore and want to know how far it is from Station road(where i get off the bus) to Renville village holiday homes.

would i need a taxi or is it walking distance?

thanks guys:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Waaaay too far to walk.
    Book a taxi if I were you.
    A local one would be:

Ocean Hackney Service
    Main st Oranmore Galway
    (091)790555

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye i was thinking it would be too far to walk!! but i am right in saying station road is in Orranmore?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Yep. The bus stops on Station Road in front of the OranTown Centre (shopping centre. Get the taxi to meet you there and off you go!

ah nice one!

thanks for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Its about a 40-45 minute walk otherwise....hackney shouldn't be more then six or seven euro.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Or 2 hours trudging into the howling wind and pissing rain that is driven clean across the atlantic and comes in sideways off Galway Bay of a new years eve. And don''t go into Galway from there as you will never get a taxi back out. Dont even go into Oranmore village without booking the cab back as well.

And happy new year :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

i am right in saying station road is in Oranmore?

Station road IS Oranmore!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Station road IS Oranmore!!!
    Come on, there is also... eeehh.. hmmmm... aaahhh... eh feck :D

sounds like an exciting place:D

no point in starting another thread so just wondering what there might be to do for new years eve in Galway city? Any recommendations? Apart from the obvious session in the house we rented...thats for after:) Every Galway Boardsie is in invited back to mine woooooooo:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

no point in starting another thread so just wondering what there might be to do for new years eve in Galway city?

There is , try to find a taxi that will take you out to Rinville . I recommend you stay in Galway City no later than 7.30pm .

• Advertisement

Every Galway Boardsie is in invited back to mine woooooooo:D

You have made a very grim mistake... very grim indeed!

Oranmore should be buzzing for the New year.. I expect street parties as per usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I'll bring the methanol.

I'll have the chloroform!

Advertisement