Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

why is it that when someone crashes inta the back of you that they are at fault but t

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

ewlit wrote:
    aren't ye all funny would you be willing ta wait 3 months ta get back on the road waitin for his insurance ta come through???

I suppose it was the guy who crashed into you that said it would take 3 months.

Fact is if this person lives and works here they are breaking the law by driving a out of state registered car without Irish tax or insurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

ewlit wrote:
    i do of course but i'm not puttin pics of my car up on the net sorry lad!!!

Are you from Dundalk by any chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

ewlit wrote:
    its not a contrivertial story .... it actually did happen i think the point being made about the man leavin the country its not going ta happen why would 2 people want ta give up there jobs, leave the place they live and go back home to there country where they were un happy???? i think i'm safe nuff
    Comedy post.
    Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭gaillimhabu

ewlit wrote:
    its not a contrivertial story .... it actually did happen i think the point being made about the man leavin the country its not going ta happen why would 2 people want ta give up there jobs, leave the place they live and go back home to there country where they were un happy???? i think i'm safe nuff

I'd suggest attending a spelling course while you are waiting for your car

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ewlit wrote:
    aren't ye all funny would you be willing ta wait 3 months ta get back on the road waitin for his insurance ta come through???
    His policy may not even be valid here!
    Anyhow, can you just clarify a number of things for me?
    * He crashed into you and admitted full liability. He then offered you a number of solutions and in the end you settled on giving him the car to sort out. Is this correct?
    * Why did you not go for the option of organising the repairs yourself and getting him to pay?
    * Have you notified your insirance company of the incident and that he now has your car?
    * Do you know for sure where this person lives?
    * Who is fixing the car and are they qualified to do it?
    * What mileage was on your car when you gave it to him?
    * What really possessed you to give your car to a stranger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

ewlit wrote:
    Putting pics of your car on the net (license plate blocked out) is more risky then giving it to a stranger? wow :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Mmm....let me see...I'm some Polish bloke, with the keys to an Irish-registered car, that officially belongs to someone else - no speeding fines for me, mum!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

I just read the full post, omg :eek:

You must be a very trustworthy person in order to give over for keys no matter what the value of the car is.

I hope that your car is repaired fully though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 ewlit

John R wrote:
    breaking the law by driving a out of state registered car without Irish tax or insurance.

lad we are within the european union remember???

kbannon wrote:
    His policy may not even be valid here!
    Anyhow, can you just clarify a number of things for me?
    * He crashed into you and admitted full liability. He then offered you a number of solutions and in the end you settled on giving him the car to sort out. Is this correct?
    * Why did you not go for the option of organising the repairs yourself and getting him to pay?
    * Have you notified your insirance company of the incident and that he now has your car?
    * Do you know for sure where this person lives?
    * Who is fixing the car and are they qualified to do it?
    * What mileage was on your car when you gave it to him?
    * What really possessed you to give your car to a stranger?

yes it was all done by the book but because he dose not have the money he can buy the parts and fix it at a main dealers as he works here look it will take a week and then i will let ye all know how trustworthy the polish comunity are!!! k no more critisism

• Advertisement

kluivert wrote:
    Are you from Dundalk by any chance.

no are you???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

I'd suggest attending a spelling course while you are waiting for your car
    How about a punctuation course for yourself? Full stops go at the end of sentences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

I dunno. There have been some funny threads around today but this takes the biscuit.

You give your keys to a complete stranger who's got no insurance in Ireland so this stranger's friend can fix it for you.

Why did you not go through the insurance?

Who says you'll have to wait 3 months to back on the road while it goes through his insurance??? What the hell is your insurance for? You will not lose your bonus when your insurance company claims from his. This is standard policy. By the sounds of it, you wouldn't have much of a bonus anyway as you sound young and naive and very inexperienced when dealing with problems like this.

Take your car back asap and get it done properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Was this accident reported to the guards? Did you get a receipt or anything to say you handed over the car to these guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

tuxy
    Originally Posted by ewlit
    Originally Posted by tuxy
    Putting pics of your car on the net (license plate blocked out) is more risky then giving it to a stranger? wow
    Exactly. Shocking thread.
    Seriously though, what answers did you expect when you announced you've given your car, irrespective of circumstances, to a complete stranger :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

ewlit wrote:
    lad we are within the european union remember???

Yes we are but if the guys live and work here their insurance is null and void

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭want2play

I think this happened in Limerick, a friend told me a story just like this during the week of his Polish workmate in a silver Peugeot 306 ran into the back of a corolla.

He also said the garage the Polish guy went to wouldnt accept the corolla for repairs for some reason and now he's trying to get the corolla booked in anywhere that will take it.

Coincidence????

Bump!!

I want to see how this turns out.

OP. Please keep us all posted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

ewlit wrote:
    i recently was hit from behind by someone. i was left with many options here...
    i could chose ta go through his insurance
    i could get it fixed and he could pay me
    he has offered to fix it...
    now no matter what way it is done the car has decreased in value and it will never be the same again when it is fixed i will try and sell it but i may only get half the value for it

You can claim depreciation from his insurance company depending on the value of the car. I got around a grand for a 3 series that got 4.5k's worth of side panel damage. I did have to fight for it but it's worth the arguement.

stifz wrote:
    You can claim depreciation from his insurance company depending on the value of the car. I got around a grand for a 3 series that got 4.5k's worth of side panel damage. I did have to fight for it but it's worth the arguement.

how much was the car worth beforehand....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46 scotia

ewlit
    What are you doing for transport in the meantime??
    I just stumbled across this thread and have been laughing at it for ages,you can't be serious.
    I'm all for trusting the polish people,but come on,any person in their right mind would not have given their car to somebody they don't know.
    And if his insurance wasn't valid here in ireland,then am i right in thinking that if he has to drive your car he isn't insured in that either?
    Where is the car just now?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭DeBeere

What is wrong with posting a pic on the net(If you have blocked out reg plate and other personalities)?

Have to say it's one of the strangest solutions to a crash I've heard in a long time...

However, I do hope it works out for you and you learn not to make that mistake again...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ewlit wrote:
    oh for god's sake it's spelled to. the o is exactly the same distance for the t as the a is. you're not saving any time or effort by spelling it ta for some strange reason.

and its quite likely you'll be off the road for more than 3 months now. how long will it take to save up for a new car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭rossious

ewlit wrote:
    lad it ain't as easy as that cause its polish insurance!!! anyways his friend has offered ta fix it and he is a mechanic i've handed over the keys and am hopin for the best..

WOW, thats pretty stupid. another accident waiting to happpen :rolleyes:

...... actually what was it they were driving when they hit you?? You could have the front of a corolla, and the back of (their) Peugeot welded together by the time your finished. Donno how much that'll be worth??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

rossious wrote:
    WOW, thats pretty stupid. another accident waiting to happpen :rolleyes:

...... actually what was it they were driving when they hit you?? You could have the front of a corolla, and the back of (their) Peugeot welded together by the time your finished. Donno how much that'll be worth??

Wonder if the new Peurolla will be any use??

That new Peurolla must be nearly ready. I saw a Polish guy out testing it earlier today. Love the colour :)

Hmmm, I saw a fella buy an angle grinder and a load of sellotape earlier. I was wondering what he was up to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Question.

If per say you report the accident to your insurance company and the guards.
    Do you have the option of keeping your no claims bonus and paying the damages yourself? Would your insurance still go up?

You only lose your no claims if you lose a claim (it may be [partially] withheld in the event of a claim).
    However, you can notify your insurace company of an incident, but not pursue a claim.
    Someone hit the side of my last car (broke a red light going over a single file bridge). I contacted the gardai who weren't interested. I also contacted my insurance company. They sent me out forms to complete to get my side of the story written down. I did not pursue a claim and I don't believe that my premium price was affected.

• Advertisement
Advertisement