Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom embarks on first stage of €1bn..?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

... upgrade or line rent increase strategy?

http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=single7427
    29.11.2006 - Incumbent operator Eircom has kicked off its €1bn fibre-to-the-kerb network upgrade with a €10m three-year contract signed with Siemens and ADVA optical networks.

The €10m contract follows an international tendering process aimed at boosting the capacity on Eircom’s existing national network

Eircom said that the early-stage investment towards its NGN will result in broadband speeds and services of up to 25MB per second.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

jwt wrote:

Eircom said that the early-stage investment towards its NGN will result in broadband speeds and services of up to 25MB per second.

I'll believe it when I see it...and not only around D4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Will this have any effect on those living too far from a DSL enabled exchange?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Great stuff, Pity Im in dialup land .:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 digitalsnub

Is there a shedule of these upgrades available? I'm too far from my exchange (Ballyjamesduff) to get DSL and anytime I ring Eircom its "Phone back in two months". Getting fed up with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Fibre to the curb in Ballygowhereagain? Dream on. This will only apply to parts of urban areas, presumably starting with the most densely populated areas first. Which is not D4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Will this have any effect on those living too far from a DSL enabled exchange?
    no.

Advertisement