Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Character of 2006

Options
  • 29-11-2006 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

New character caught your imagination?

Or did an old one get a new image that makes him/her better then ever

Nominate them here!

The rules for titles that can be nominated is they must have had a european release between December 26th 2005 and December 25th 2006.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reverend Ray from Call of Juarez.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'll have to go with Zoë Castillo on this one too. She's probably best developed video game character of all time and actually seems like a real person rather than the 2 dimensional characters that we are used to.

zoe2.jpg

Also she changes her clothes a lot during and doesn't stick wearing the one outfit. I mean she's a young woman not me... and that's what young women do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Phoenix Wright (Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Georg Prime from Suikoden V, kicks so much ass.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm going for brave little Lyon from Suikoden V. She's very likeable and a very strong female character. Practically takes the lead in the game since the Prince you play as doesn't talk.

suikoden-5-playtest-20060223023700360.jpg

Next up would be Yangus from Dragon Quest VIII. Excellent character. Typical dumb but tough character but with a soft side to him and a willingness to change his ways that makes him very human. However it's the chemistry between himself and his polar opposite, the aristocratic King Trode, that seals it for me. Almost all their exchanges will have you laughing and I was in stitches during the end sequence when
    He tells the king he looks the exact same when not transformed (he did but trodes reaction was comic poetry)
    . His voice acting is spot on and the cockney accent suits him to a tee. I think Trode should have gotten a nomination as well but had to give mia a nod.

Yangus.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

It's hard for me to pick 2 characters from the new games I got this year, I really like the king from katamari, most of the cast of psychonauts, cole from gears of war, most of the dreamfall cast....

But if I have to pick I'll go with wonkers from dreamfall and agro from SOTC, and no I do not have some kind of animal fetish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

retro did you play the japanese version or something? I played the european version and she was called "Lyon" in that. She's a great charecter I agree but she's too much of a goody two shoes :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Memnoch wrote:
    retro did you play the japanese version or something? I played the european version and she was called "Lyon" in that. She's a great charecter I agree but she's too much of a goody two shoes :)

Ah ha! No wonder I couldn't find any google images of her. Kept mixing up herself and Miakis so thats probably were mia came from.Editted my post accordingly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Son Goku

I'll have to go with Zoë Castillo on this one too. She's probably best developed video game character of all time and actually seems like a real person rather than the 2 dimensional characters that we are used to.
    Yeah, seconded. I can't think of a game in 2006 with a better character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Link (Zelda: TP)
    Phoenix Wright

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Maya Fey from Phoenix Wright, dunno why, she just made me grin all the time with her antics

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The King of all Cosmos : technically, We Love Katamari was only released in Ireland this year.
    The secret agent(s) from Psychonauts "We are working on the road"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I hope this counts as a character:

The Loco Rocos

It's captivating just to watch them bounce around and sing along with the theme song, there's more character in those few pixels than the most painstaking of 3d models.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Fuzzballs

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, had the most oddball inhabitants and characters. Although my vote goes to Frank West in Dead Rising. He was just a cool dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

For me it would have to be tony Montano in the new scarface game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shatners basoon

Tough one that,
    i'll go king of all cosmos from we love katamari
    and eh...
    Phoenix Wright
    Too many to choose from in Psychonauts!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

King of all Cosmos... most lovable nutjob in gaming.

Yangus from DQ8 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm going to go with Midna from Twilight Princess for my second nomination.
    midna.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement