Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network problem

• 29-11-2006 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I was searching last night for wireless networks on my laptop and I pick up three- two of which were locked and one which was open . I connected to the open one as i think it is a public one.

When i connected using the intel pro set wireless, it showed that it was connected.I tried to use internet explorer to get onto the web , but it wouldnt connect. I then tried to establish a connection in windows but it wouldnt work - why is this . Are there any other steps that i need to take or do or is there a reason windows wouldnt pick it up but the chip will.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

did you get an ipaddress assigned?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ublinina2

Should I have been assigned an ip address by the people who are sending the signal ?

when i click on the properties of the signal the ip address is
    192.168. something i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

A 192.x.y.z address is most likely not on a public network, its probably a private network installed by someone who didn't secure it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ublinina2

Ok , but what is preventing me from logging on to it. I am just curious as i am thinking of getting wireless myself and i thought it would be good, but if there is a problem with it and my laptop i wont bother

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭easy_as_easy

whats preventing you is that you dont have the WEP encry. code thingy.

and your not paying for it ;-)

• Advertisement
Advertisement