Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Event of 2006 Nominations

Options
  • 29-11-2006 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭

New one.

What was the big event of 2006, was it the release of the Wii? Jack Thompson being thrown out of court? Or could it be Sony's disaster at E3?

You nominate the moment that summed of 2006 for you.

Must be an event that occured between December 26th 2005 and December 25th 2006.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    Or could it be Sony's disaster at E3?

I don't think you can limit Sony's disaster to just E3, plenty more incidents happened them throughout the year. I'll vote for Sony's **** year though.

Either that or Ireland's first WCG Qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Sony closing Lik Sang, and claiming that Europe likes getting things half a year after the rest of the world!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My favourite has to be the showcase of Genji at E3 on the PS3. All the talk of how the PS3's power is used to generate an historically accurate feudal japanese world and story despite the fact there are big giant crabs wandering around. And who can for get the 'attack the weak spot for massive damage!!!!' of course demonstrating the power of the PS3 as if Konsami hadn't used it since Gradius in, oh, 1984 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,695 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I get a feeling sony are gonna run away with this one.

My moment of 2006 was everyone waiting up for the Tokyo Game show Keynote, to finally get some real answers from Sony and we get....AFRIKA!

without a doubt the crowning achievement in bad publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Nintendo's conference at E3 - showing us how it should be done
    Sony's continuous f**kups throughout the year (it's so hard to pick just one, but I suppose E3 will have to do...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

EA's total ineptitude witht he BF2 patch , that left people paying for servers for 4 months that they couldn't use .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Nintendo at E3 - first E3 conference i'd ever watched live, grinnin' like an idiot i was
    and
    The whole bully saga - amazingly funny stuff, for all the wrong reasons

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Nintendo at E3 for making my eyes light up like a 6 year old at Christmas

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement