Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arsenal of Megadeth

• 29-11-2006 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭

Bought this 2 DVD collection today. Its quite extensive, and fantastic from a band who released so little of this 'behind the scenes' look before, as well as capturing some classic videos and interviews and TV apperances. I personally think Megadeth always had a foot hold above Metallica in terms of true Trash and Metal sound, I think Metallica ditched that for the mainstream a long time ago. Megadeth, even though they released the album Risk, have always seemed to focus more towards Metal and Trash then Hard Rock.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

I was a huge Megadeth fan when I was younger.
    Like most Risk ruined it all, but the World needs a hero wasn't bad, I haven't heard The System Has Failed.

I purchased this beaut off cdwow but havent recieved it yet to comment if its decent or not but with a 3 euro voucher it didn't cost me much.

http://www.cdwow.ie/detail_results_11.php?product_code=206136

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭LightofDarkness

Personally, I wouldn't hold either band in a super high regard as regards the "THRASH" scene (sorry, I hate it when people call it trash). Kreator make them both look like wet, dripping pussies and so do Demolition Hammer, Watchtower, Mekong Delta, Slayer's Reign in Blood (head and shoulders above both band's greatest releases), Protector, Dark Angel, Testament, Death Angel and more. Both bands I would consider sort of entry level thrash, once you really look beyond them at the vast scene they helped forge, there is certainly a wealth of bands with a worthy challenge to their supposed thrones as kings of thrash metal. I would call it a tie, personally, between them. Rust in Peace and AJFA the respective pinnacle of their mastery of the genre, IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Nea wrote:
    I purchased this beaut off cdwow but havent recieved it yet to comment

Youll enjoy this, its an excellent DVD, i have it myself. Quite brilliant. Recorded in late 01/early 2002 (before Mustaine entered rehab but prior to 9/11) so theres lots of comments regarding that (the World Needs a Hero was released on Sep 11th 2001). Ellefson is still in the bed, Al Patrelli is on Guitar and Jimmy DeGrasso is on Drums. Pretty decent line up, and I have to say, I enjoyed watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

Risk was deadly, n00bs! I could care less whether they are tr00 trash, like. It's just good music. Is that DVD just newly released??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Is that DVD just newly released??

The Arsenal of Megadeth is newly released yes, just Summer this year, but Rude Awakening was released in 2002 and filmed in late 2001

• Advertisement
Advertisement