Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband tech support

Options
  • 29-11-2006 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi

im wondering who has the best tech support in Ireland?

i am enquiring with a few different companies and am going to get broadband soon. I have had really bad experiences with tech support abroad before do this is the most important thing to me

can you tell me who you think are the best ISP tech support in Ireland, i see so many horror stories but wanna know who you think are the best ones?

cheers guys

who's the best? 17 votes

Eircom
    0% 0 votes
    NTL
    29% 5 votes
    Digiweb
    5% 1 vote
    IBB
    23% 4 votes
    Perlico
    29% 5 votes
    BT
    0% 0 votes
    Magnet
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please specify)
    11% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

I was on to Perlico tech support a few days ago (mate's line, not my own) and they were surprisingly on the ball. Got talking to someone with 2 minutes of dialling the number and they were actually able to help.

New experience for me, I have never before spoken to anyone on any tech support line who actually knew what they were talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Odd that Smart aren't in the list......anyway, to answer your question on the rare occasions that I've needed to call them I've found their support crew top-notch, fast and very helpful - particularly the ones that monitor the forums on their support website.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,200 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Seconding Smart here.
    Best broadband supplier in Ireland - customer care setup a bit dodge, but tech people spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TheBroadbandKid

Liam Byrne wrote:
    Odd that Smart aren't in the list......anyway, to answer your question on the rare occasions that I've needed to call them I've found their support crew top-notch, fast and very helpful - particularly the ones that monitor the forums on their support website.

ah, knew id forget one :rolleyes:

well put that under other sure

pretty poor response :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 n0tsane

I have dealt with must of the tech support offered by all the major ISP's as i fix networks and pc for friends and family. And to be honest eircom are the worst. On one phone call to eircom i was advised to un-install the firewall and anti-virus and not to re-install them even though their own network was down and all i wanted to do was see when it would be back. They would not tell me the network was down saying that their network never drops. I think that the top three would be in third : BT, in second : peranet and in first IBB. ( all though there are bad apples in all call centers)
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

A better poll might have been the worst tech support.......id definetly give that one to NTL, i cannot believe how bad they are, im working in Tech support at the min and have never seen anything like it.

Advertisement