Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Rover 620 problem

Options
  • 29-11-2006 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

The mothers 94 Rover 620 is giving a bit fo an intermittant problem. I had the car for abotu 8 months and twice it refused to start just after coming out of the petrol station. it turned over when i tried to start it but just wouldnt start, like the immolibiser wasnt allowing the car to start, but if you leave it for 3-4 mins it'll start. Problem is, since my mam took it and started driving it its happening more frequently. maybe once a week. It seems to be happening after its driven for a while and you turn it off. So it's not a cold starting problem. The car has a fatory fit alarm and I think immobiliser.

Anypne know if it'd be an alarm/immob problem or something else like a starter motor?

My dad has a 94 accord ( same car) without alarm/immob that he uses for work, that has no problems starting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Problems that only rear their heads once a week are a complete pain in the arse to track down. You could bring it to Hamiltons, they're an auto electrician whom i've found to be very good in the past. Maybe give them a call first, see what they think? Ph: 01 4755157.

Advertisement