Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crashed Car into Rocks in Car Park,what next?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

FFS this is Búllsh*t- its a bloody rock it didnt jump out in front of you. YOU drove into it its your fault nobody elses just be gald it wasnt a pedestian or another car you drove into... Its your own fault nobody elses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Miss Judy

neacy69 wrote:
    FFS this is Búllsh*t- its a bloody rock it didnt jump out in front of you. YOU drove into it its your fault nobody elses just be gald it wasnt a pedestian or another car you drove into... Its your own fault nobody elses!!

Difference is..I would have seen another car or a pedestrian. The amount of you jumping on the "guilty of bogus insurance" bandwagan is hilarious. You must all be perfect drivers so, oh and pillars of society....:rolleyes: . People like me don't claim, it's the bullies in bigger cars that whacks the poor learner in the Micra that does all the whiplash etc claims!.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Well if the MD wants you to come in for a chat about it then i'd assume that either i.) the rock was in a genuinely stupid place, or ii.) you did an absolute stormer of an interview. Either way good luck, and sure keep us posted!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,990 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Miss Judy wrote:
    Difference is..I would have seen another car or a pedestrian.

Reminds me of a quote from Frasier: "The difference is a real child would have started crying before it burst into flames" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Good luck with the (rest of) the interview hun , the quote maybe a bit high , but i presume the most of it is for sorting out the door pillars( pulling/paint/time etc) more than the doors . There would be nothing wrong with fitting used doors if they are in good nick , think of it this way.. would be anything at all wrong with your other two doors if you were to sell your car for scrap tomorrow ?
    As for the omg u r teh reason i'm paying loads crew a) congradulations on being sucessfully brainwashed b) ram it, it was an accident c) read http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer/2005/12/30/story615584198.asp and see a) again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Judy - I would graciously accept their offer - sounds as if they are going to pay all or some portion of this bill - despite every empty-headed yapper on this forum showing up to say what a lunatic, legally blind driver you are......;)

I'd also expect that the rock will be moved by JCB in the coming days as clearly people are driving cars into it on a regular basis as its placement must be pretty poor/dumb etc.

Also I'd ring every scrap/breaker yard in the golden pages/country and try and buy two doors [99.9% of cars have a smashed back or a smashed front and 4 perfect doors - if you are [very] lucky you might get a perfect match, or else you'll def. get a similar colour.....Maybe get them sprayed two or three months down the line to spread out the payments etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Stark wrote:
    I wonder why people even bother with comprehensive insurance these days when you can't make a claim without being screwed.

Although afaik making a claim should only affect your comprehensive NCB which isn't half as bad as losing your third party NCB.

If you wrapped your new €20k car round a lampost & didnt have full Comp, you'd have to pay for the damages yourself.

If your car is only worth €3k no point in having comp.

Well guys. I'm just having a cup of tea after having a near heart attack on my way to talk to the MD. I was so nervous and when I saw that rock in the daylight I felt ill...it's MASSIVE!!. The rough jagged edge is just sticking out waiting in the next victim.
    He was dead sound, he has informed me the rock is being removed tomorrow as my accident was the 5th in the past 8 months and he ackowledged it was literally impossible for me to see. He was shocked at how badly damaged my car is so he is covering the whole bill but asked me to go to a guy he knows for a quote and to shop around myself but he will cover the cost and I have it in writing...oh and he still wants me to work for him. He said I was a lovely person to deal with and he couldn't believe how nervous I was about this after the way I came across in the interview.
    So thanks be to god for that, my car is booked in to be fixed in the original place next Thurs but I will still see if I can get it done cheaper as he is footing the bill and said that he thinks it's a bit on the steep side.
    What a relief!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Result! Congrats * 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

God I'm so sick of being right all the whole damn time......[ref. post #37]

......As he will be your new boss and seems to be a decent person, he would probably appreciate it if you came back to him with three or four quotes in writing. Will show that you didn't run to the first place on the corner and that you made some effort in their interests.

- Congrats on the job too, if my employers realised they were liable for €3000 to my Honda Accord they'd probably beat me to death with my Honda Accord tyre iron :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Congrats! He must really like you.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Nice one, all the negative posters have scuttled off with their tails between their legs :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

well done on both counts

Keith C wrote:
    Nice one, all the negative posters have scuttled off with their tails between their legs :D

Yes and I hope they took their opinionated bull with them!!. I think it makes them feel good about themselves, using a website to hammer people and their circumstances instead of being objective and logical. Ah well, thank god for the few of us who enjoy posting on these forums for the right reasons and contribute in a nice and logical way!!. Thanks guys for the support, I was so up the walls and worried about it all. I am going to get some more quotes for him in writing, he was so nice to me!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭skibum

Do a quick pick for the lotto while this fantastic lucky streak is on a roll for you.
    Congratulations on the job (sounds like he will be a nice guy to work for) and getting your car sorted :D

skibum wrote:
    Do a quick pick for the lotto while this fantastic lucky streak is on a roll for you.
    Congratulations on the job (sounds like he will be a nice guy to work for) and getting your car sorted :D

Never thought of that actually...I'm out of here to the shop. I wasn't thinking luck though..bashing my car was not the nicest thing to happen but glad it didn't get ugly.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Well it's god to see there are some decent bosses out there.
    Congrats on both counts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Nice one. Gonna go out to Stillorgan Industrial Estate tonight and find the offending rock. Shall drive into it and receive a nice settlement as company are accepting full liability for anything that happens. An inanimate carbon rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,023 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

wyndham wrote:
    An inanimate carbon rock.

Man, if it's made of carbon (either coal or diamond) and as big as the OP says, you'd make more money stealing it than crashing into it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

phutyle wrote:
    Man, if it's made of carbon (either coal or diamond) and as big as the OP says, you'd make more money stealing it than crashing into it. :rolleyes:

Wayhey, good for you Judy! Congratulations on both counts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

(Jeez, there are some serious t0ssers on boards).

To Miss Judy - glad you got it sorted and you were able to work it out. Your new boss sounds good. Fair, like most people should be. May be now you can get that Accord Tourer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Judy,

Well done. I had a similar incident and I claimed on my Insurance AXA PMPA, not a rock but a comphrensive claim for damage to my car with no other party involved.

I only lost some of the NCB on the comphrensive part of the premium. I still maintained the full NCB on the third party part.

No noticable increase in premium and it would have cost 2K to fix.

Best of luck with your new job and as another poster said might be no harm to get a few quotes to look like you are trying to minimise the companies costs.

:)

Thanks lads, what a week!. I am going to see another guy this evening who might do it for less, no harm looking around and to be honest I would be happier to go to him with a lesser quote.

The rock was removed this morning, hubbie went over to have a look and took some photos incase of any problems. I just hate driving around in the car at the moment in the state that it is in.

I'd love a tourer but they are over €20k (looking for 03/04) and after Xmas my car will be worth €6k if I am lucky but I might see if I can manage it in February or something!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Your boss now had your address .........right ?

I'd say he's sent the JCB over with your Christmas present !! :D

Just kidding !

I'm glad it all worked out for you, I felt really bad for you whilst reading this and didn't expect it to work out so well on both counts !!

BTW why is it that we get so many "negative" type responses from folk here when others are simply looking for help ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Accords are class cars. Best of luck finding a new one.
    By the way, if you do get a cheaper quote for your current car repair, you could go with doors from a scrappie to reduce costs, but above all, make sure the spray job is of top quality, as a poor spray job is the worst thing on a car. Also, might be no harm to take pics of your car as it is now, incase you need to convince a potential buyer that it wasn't actually badly damaged, therefore you won't get stung with a low offer for yours.

Advertisement