Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice cycle around dublin area

Options
  • 29-11-2006 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Is there any nice cycle trips to do with the mountain bike around Dublin?
    Boole Island and Dollymount is one of them
    Anything around the wicklow area ?
    Is there any book and web site describing mountain bike tracks in the dublin area ?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

I strongly recomend you Leisure Cycling near Dublin, from Hugh Halpin. I bought it about two month ago and I can't stop going every weekend for a new route.
    It is a tener in Easons but you can find it cheaper on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Morgan

There are no marked mountainbike routes in Dublin/Wicklow (yet...) or any guides that I'm aware of. If you want to get some decent off road riding get in touch with one of the local MTB Clubs. If you want to stay close to the city Howth is a good bet but the best trails are to the south.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 GaryKelly

Anyone know of some good mountain biking routes in Wicklow?

I know the 3 Rock route. (Up from 3 Rock pub)

Slow climb from the car park to the Radio Masts then a sharp left and cruise down over some rocky ground back to the car park.

Time: 1 hour approx on the straight route, few off piste routes can be added into the fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

If you want you can go west out of Blanchardstown and out past Maynooth. There are loads of backroads around leixlip and maynooth meaning that you can just wander at your own pace, and if you feel like a challenging hill all you have to do is cycle down to the liffey and back up again!

Advertisement