Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Low Hanging Telephone Cable Across Road. Broke windscreen

Options
  • 29-11-2006 7:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Traveling home went thru Dunshaughlin going for Skreen I hit a telephone cable that was acroos the road. I was in a van and the cable caught the front of the van and took both wipers off and mirror and cracked the windscreen.It must have been hanging about about 1.5 meters off ground.
    I went to Gaurds in Dunshaughlin but was not open so reported it to Trim Gaurds but were no help.:mad:
    I cant find a number to report this to Eircom .
    Does anyone know what I should ? Has this happened anyone one here before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

take photos or the damage and the cable AT THE SCENE and contact eircom/council and possibly your insurence company

• Registered Users Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Call 1901 and select "None of These" and "Other Fault" and you should get through to an operator who should beable to help yea.
    Make sure you take pictures of the wire!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why didn't you stop before htting it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

One would presume it was dark and the cable was black so very hard to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

kerbdog wrote:
    Call 1901 and select "None of These" and "Other Fault" and you should get through to an operator who should beable to help yea.
    Make sure you take pictures of the wire!
    also if you say "agent" you get put straight through to someone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

If it was a motorcyclist they could well have been killed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

surely this is related to the current high winds and Eircom can claim they are not responsible. How can they tell in advance where the wind will be etc etc.

This is what comprehensive insurance is for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 losh

No it was nothing to do with the winds .This happened on Tuesday eveing.
    I was told that high trucks have pulled this wire down a couple of times from the people who live locally. would say some other high vehicle pulled it down and then I came along.
    I have being ringing 1901 and so far have been left holding 17 mins ,24mins and last one 12 mins . :mad:

I have finnally got thru to Eircom claims dept. And will be taking it from there.
    Thanks lads for the advice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

CJhaughey wrote:
    If it was a motorcyclist they could well have been killed.

Exactly! I would hope that anyone coming across this sort of situation would immediately call the gardai and stay on the scene to warn other motorists, especially motorcyclists and our pedal powered brethren!

A wire hanging 1.5 metres off the road is about head height for a motorcyclist! :eek:

• Advertisement

Luckily when I hit the cable it snapped so was safe for other motorists
    that passed after me. I made sure the cable was in off the road before I left the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

A wire hanging 1.5 metres off the road is about head height for a motorcyclist! :eek:

A friend of the family was caught similarly. On a scooter, doing what ever a hairdrier can put out, maybe 30mph. The cable caught him on the chingaurd of the helmet, and he was reefed of the back of the bike. Several months in hosptial; and a major claim against the ESB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

Keep us posted about what Eircom do about it.

Advertisement