Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bulb for front light

Options
  • 29-11-2006 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Hi

just wondering where i should pick one of these up?

i have a 02 Opel Astra.

presume the dealer is more expensive so could i get a bulb in a motor factors?

i'm in galway city

thanks
    k

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

it's either a h4 or h7 bulb, any roadside petrol staion does them for around €3.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

The car's handbook will tell you what bulb you need, along with how to fit it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That cheap? for a headlight?

thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

yes, its only a bulb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

ok thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

I wouldn't recommend buying them in a petrol station.The quality isn't great.Preferably go to a motor factors.They have better quality ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

Moanin wrote:
    I wouldn't recommend buying them in a petrol station.The quality isn't great.Preferably go to a motor factors.They have better quality ones.

agreed but still wouldnt be paying more then a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Moanin wrote:

I'd have to agree with this. I usually buy Philips bulbs - decent quality and rarely blow.

Even a main dealer may not have good quality bulbs as they don't buy these from the manufacturer - they source them locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Your looking for a H7, H4 is for the full beam head light.

Cost around a 5r, dont touch the glass of the bulb though as the oil from your skin can cause it to over heat and blow again.

Tip: Buy two bulbs so you dont have to go back for another one next time one blows. And keep it in the Glove Box. Just handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

H4 is not full beam light , it is both beams combined into one bulb .

I cahnged a bulb on a friends corsa before and it was def a H4 (dont take my word for it though, check your manual) and it was very easy to change as there was a lot of space behind the light to work in.

Nothing big , i could suggest halfords and they will tell u exactly what bulb you need and will even change it for you if you are not confident you can do it yourself.

• Advertisement
Advertisement