Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 610 car kit- Worth

• 29-11-2006 8:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭

Hi my friend wants to sell his brand new nokia 610, the box is abit tampered, otherwise it is 100% brand new.

What do you guys think its worth as he said he is looking for around 350. that price seems alright as it looks like a nice piece of kit with the screen and remote control.:D , no reciept but its still under warranty cause its brand new.

What do you think its worth?
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

Come on somebody must know its value.:confused:

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

not 350 anyway, you can get the 616 for 380 and the sony equivalent is only 150 (the HCB-700)...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

daveym wrote:
    The sony equivalent is only 150 (the HCB-700)...

Is that easy to instal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

kearnsr wrote:
    Is that easy to instal?
    Most car kits are easy to install once you know what you are doing.I wouldn't recommend it,i would get it professionally done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Binka

drdre, it's not worth much. i have one in a car i just bought and it cost 400 to install it apparently. it's only compatible with a few nokia phones so it's fairly useless. i have a motorala V3 bluetooth phone and it's not compatible.
    Nokia brought out the 616 shortly after and it's compatible with all bluetooth phones.
    i'm told that when the 610 was first launched the phones had to have SAP (some kind of sim access protocol) which was supposed to be the thing of the future. but i guess it never took off, which has rendered the 610 useless.
    mine looks very pretty but thats about it. i have to use a headset instead or else rip out the 610 and spend another 400 on a 616. Even though it's only the software that's changed Nokia of course declined to have the 610 upgradable to a 616. Hope this helps.

• Advertisement

kearnsr wrote:
    Is that easy to instal?

it's not too bad, but you need to be able to take radio out and
    find somewhere to place the bluetooth receiver and stuff. best would be to get someone to fit it. they tend to be very good at hiding the cables and stuff, which you need with this kit as you have to wire the display and the controller..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I wouldnt worry about wires and stuff. What I really want is a care kit that doesnt screw in to the dash or what not

kearnsr wrote:
    I wouldnt worry about wires and stuff. What I really want is a care kit that doesnt screw in to the dash or what not

the sony should work for u then, you just connect it to the back of the radio and hide some bits either behind radio or above transmission, then you run a wire to the display which sticks on and the control which sticks on too.

the controller does twist a bit to change some settings so may not be entirely stable just stuck on though...

Advertisement