Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which scope?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

I'm waiting for my licence to come through so I can collect my CZ 452. As a beginner if a little unknowledgable when it comes to scopes to say the least.

I'll be mainly shooting targets (max 100 yrds) and maybe some small vermin.
    My budget is about 200 euro. I know you can pay huge money for scopes but i'm looking for something that's half decent, am I optimistic with my budget?

And can some of you guys with knowledge of scopes explain to me what to look for in a good scope. And what about the rings, does it matter which or are they all the same?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I'm going with a hawke nite-eye 6.5-20x50 mildot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Mufflets

I use a hawke nite-eye 6.5-20x50 mildot as well . its a very good scope and will cost you about €210.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I have a Hawke Target 10-40x50 1/8 dot for sale if your interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

Ive a hawke reflex 3-9*40 which i picked up for 50euro and its held its zero fine for 2 years with its share of bumps optics are clear enough but not the best fot shooting at night. If your buying at a dealers buy the best scope you can for 200 the mounts while being important you can just pick them up anywhere ask your dealer what he would recommend you dont need to go paying out 50 for them a 15euro set will do you fine

Advertisement