Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get these bits for Hols!?

Options
  • 29-11-2006 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Where does one get the following items in Dublin City centre?
    I’m heading off to do a bit of travelling..
    If anyone can help me out I’d very much appreciate it.
    Thanks

-Torch for camping
    - Rucksack to carry all my bits and pillow small suitable for travelling
    -A carrier case/pouch for Ipod/charger
    -money belt
    -sunscreen (how do you figure out what factor..I’m irish with average skin
    -water bottle
    -A type ‘M’/15A socket adapter for use in Africa?
    ..And also where do I go to find out what exactly I can carry on a longhaul flight from the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Moved from AH to a more appropriate forum. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Try millets or the great out doors camping supply shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

try the army shop around the corner from slatterys pub in capel street, i dont know the name of the street the army shop is on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I am just back from Asia and have visited Africa before. Boots do sunblock all year round, get two bottles, one 20 factor and one 10 factor. Great outdoors or any of the camping shops do mozi repellent, you will need one with 50% deet, you can get nets there too. I would advise you to spend a couple of bob on a bag, go for a North Face or Low Alpine one with net pockets for your water. You can bring liquids on the flight as long as they are in a tiny 100ml bottle and in a little freezer bag (they will supply that at the airport) To be honest, aviod any liquids or pastes (like hair gel or make up) and you will be fine, there is plenty of water on the planes. The usual sharp object ban is still on, no knives, scissors, clippers...

A few other things to bring in your big bag. Torch (maglight in Great outdoors, Binoculars, Penknife, camera, batteries, Lighter, shades, hat (beanie and sun hat Africa can be cold)

I hope it all goes well.

Advertisement