Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you cast?

• 29-11-2006 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

While perusing the hogfather thread, I thought of a way we could waste our time...... :)

If you were a casting director employed on any discworld novel, what actors would you choose to play the characters?

Off the top of my head.......

Tony Robinson for Nobby! I know he's an obvious choice, but by lucifers underpants, I've had him in my head for every scene I've read with Nobby in it.

I'm lost after that. :o

Actually...... to stay with the blackadder theme....... Rowan Atkinson for Patrician?

Comments

Rowan Atkinson would make a great Patrician.

Possibly Alan Rickman as Death, Jessica Alba as Angua? Eric Idle was great as Rincewind in the game so he should be him in the movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,270 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Steve McQueen type person as Vimes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Jim Carey as CutMyOwnThroatDibbler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

I'd always kinda though of Danny DeVito from OPM for Dibbler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally, I've always thought that David Thewlis would be the best Rincewind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

It's funny that David Jason is playing Albert becaue I had Dibbler in my mind as a Del Boy with a nastier, greasy edge.

Totally agree with Eric Idle for Rincewind.

Christopher Lee would be the top choice for Death, but Ian Richardson seems to have done a good job too.

I find it hard to think who could play the Witches though. Magrat's easy to cast as she's so normal, but Esme and Gytha are more unique.
    Maybe Dot Cotton for Esme... or Maggie Smith. The actress who plays Little Mo in Eastenders could possibly pull off Nanny Ogg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭NotWormBoy

Rowan Atkinson as Vetinari? Nah. He was good in blackadder - but you want someone who can really radiate menace and intelligence as the Patrician. Someone suggested Alan Rickman as Death ... yeah, he'd be pretty good alright.

Paul O'Connell as Carrot? :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ha! I'm not going to be able to keep him out of my head when I read a guards book now. :)

I'd actually put Alan Rickman forward as Patrician before Death (if he lost some weight).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Warwick davis as Nobby !
    About the height I had imagined, bit of make up, beat up armour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 polly oliver

Steve Buschimi (spelled wrong) for Nobby!! Or maybe the Igors, all the Igors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

NotWormBoy wrote:
    Rowan Atkinson as Vetinari? Nah. He was good in blackadder - but you want someone who can really radiate menace and intelligence as the Patrician. Someone suggested Alan Rickman as Death ... yeah, he'd be pretty good alright.
    Alan Rickman wouldn't have enough... oh how to say it... I just can't see him carrying off Death. He can't keep the menace out of his voice. As mentioned, he would however be better as Vetinari. Although, I always thought John Malkovich could do an excellent job as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

NotWormBoy wrote:
    Rowan Atkinson as Vetinari? Nah. He was good in blackadder - but you want someone who can really radiate menace and intelligence as the Patrician.
    gotta agree
    Alan Rickman - I still want to see those scenes Kevin Costner cut out of Robin Hood
    Christopher Walken perhaps ?

Art Malik as 71 hour Ahmed

Advertisement