Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mate's band...

• 29-11-2006 10:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

...playing in Ryan's TONIGHT!

How's that for no notice....

Will give more notice next time, they're enthusiastic and trying to get someplace so I guess like all local bands they could do with the support.

I'll be there!! (That's really put ya off so...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

hey fade2black who are you? I'm best friends with the drummer and decent friends with the bassist aswell. Out in France working at moment though so wasn't there last night. How did it go down? they still calling themselves "sting-ray"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I think they are actually. The drummer is a very talented dude, singing and drumming aint an easy thing to do. They were grand, but I think the singer could do with a bit more practise. He's eccentric and all that and has a decent presence but he's not a very good singer. I'm a mate of the guitarist.

They're in Ryans again on Saturday night, im sure they'd appreciate the support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Singing and drumming? He's not Phil Collins is he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

He's not Phil Collins, he's saving a wage!

Mike.

• Advertisement

He doesn't sing on all tracks. The band are on the up though.

Phil Collins :D he'll love that!
    His mother is an excellent singer fadetoblack, maybe he gets some of it from her. And all the hours of practice and sacrifice they put in has finally been worth it, they have their big break soon enough i.e. playing my 21st :D

Also a bit of shuffling in the singing department. Luckily they're keeping on their singer because even though some of the songs are out of his range, he has a great presence on stage.

Yeah I've heard mixed things about him, some have said he's just a pure attention seeking show off who can't sing to save his life. others said he was a great showman and not a bad singer, no one actually said he was good though. you think they should keep him?

Advertisement