Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sleeving kit where can i get 1

Options
  • 29-11-2006 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

wana get a sleeving kit to keep my pc tidy (or is this the best option is there better)

just wondering were can i get a sleeving kit or any thing that is better.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Overclockers have them here, you could also try Peats, MicroMods also have them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

ok thanks is there anything better then sleving kits tho??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Sleeving kits can be a PITA to do properly. I hate to think how many hours I have used up on sleeving.

Spiral wrap is easier to use but perhaps not quite so nice. It can be got in a variety of colours and sizes. Its dead handy for tidying a whole bunch of wires together. Here are some examples from Alphacool but I think Maplin in town do it also.

Sleeving, spiral wrap, heatshrink tube, tie wraps and good old electrical tape...all essentials in a modders toolkit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

hopeful wrote:
    electrical tape

True that, 101 uses for it and a hell of a lot easier then sleeving kits. Oh and pull ties, gotta love pull ties, I used to use that twisty wire stuff to keep wires together but i'm a pull tie convert. I ordered a few lapping kits from easypckits.com, and the guy gave me a few free bags of pull ties, I shed a tear and mouthed a silent "thank you!" he also gave me a free lapping kit as well.

I've actually found sleeving kits seem to take up more space than just the plain wire. Its only really usefull when sleeving PATA cables... but who uses those anymore?

Advertisement