Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

o2 live messenger on i-mode?

• 29-11-2006 10:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭

Just saw a TV ad for o2 christmas sale of phones, where Windows Live Messenger was featured. Do they offer that now? Cannot find any info about it on their web site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭elmoie

Thanks for that thought i was going crazy as i saw the ad 2 but cant find info anywhere on it ...and near sure it was on an irish channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Yeah it was on irish tv, and the price of the phone was in Euro... So hopefully the will make it official soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

I had a look round & its under lifestyle.

I had a look round & its under lifestyle.
    Lifestyle? Cannot find a heading called that. Cannot find it in the sitemap or on a search. Pls post the direct link.

All sites> Lifestyle> you ll see the link Windows live messenger I have nt downloaded it yet ! excited though Yup !

edit/i should have said its on i mode phones flodis79 dunno if you can get it anyother way

• Advertisement

All sites> Lifestyle> you ll see the link Windows live messenger I have nt downloaded it yet ! excited though Yup !

edit/i should have said its on i mode phones flodis79 dunno if you can get it anyother way
    oh i see... tell us here when youve tried it, pls.. any info on pricing? is it per-message or just the plain 1c/kb on the messenger?

Ive downloaded its good, there is a pricing section on the download screen €10 unlimited messeges thats ok I reckon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

I've tried Windows Messenger on the Sony Ericsson K610im .. it's not too bad actually! One thing I did notice was the slight time lag between the phone and the PC when I was msging myself between 2 accounts.

Ive downloaded its good, there is a pricing section on the download screen €10 unlimited messeges thats ok I reckon

€10 per month/week/.. ?

HI €10 per month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

where do you download this, windows live messenger on your mobile would be class!

frankymail wrote:
    where do you download this, windows live messenger on your mobile would be class!
    On your iMode phone go into All Sites > Lifestyle - it's midway down!

ciaranfo wrote:
    On your iMode phone go into All Sites > Lifestyle - it's midway down!
    Will it work on the Sagem 346i imode phone? Is that Sagem a multitasking phone, ie can I have Live Messenger on in the background while I do other things on the phone?

flodis79 wrote:
    Will it work on the Sagem 346i imode phone? Is that Sagem a multitasking phone, ie can I have Live Messenger on in the background while I do other things on the phone?
    I couldn't get it to minimise on the k610im .. not sure if it's the app or if it's the phone. There was an option to continue to recieve updates via email but I'm not sure how that works.

ciaranfo wrote:
    I couldn't get it to minimise on the k610im .. not sure if it's the app or if it's the phone. There was an option to continue to recieve updates via email but I'm not sure how that works.
    Ok thanks for this input, cos the app is quite useless if it cannot be run in the background. Like you wanna have it on all the time, and not have to login again and again - even if it's free for €10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

€10 a month seems a bit excessive. I suppose if you use it all the time it's okay.

hi

been trying it out and it can run in the background you register your imail address on all sites>lifestyle too and if you sign out and choose to be alerted by email youll get an imail to alert u when u get a message 10 will be a saving on txts i reckon anyway

hi

been trying it out and it can run in the background you register your imail address on all sites>lifestyle too and if you sign out and choose to be alerted by email youll get an imail to alert u when u get a message 10 will be a saving on txts i reckon anyway
    What phone are you using it on?

Is that what the imail thing is about when you goto exit MSN? I didn't realise, though I didn't get an emails.

As for minimise, I managed to do it on the k610im by accident today, but I'm not sure how I did it lol

Im using it on samsung s400i, you dont minimse it you 'exit' and it will ask do u want to recieve alerts by email (imail as its know on imode)

• Advertisement

Well, that's not too good since you have to open and login every time you wanna chat.. I thought it could be in the background and the you just "maximise" it when you wanna chat..

it is running in the back you just load it up again ! its the same as the desktop version you cant see it but it updates you anyway

Advertisement