Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone recommendations?

• 29-11-2006 10:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a new phone. I got a NEC N343i last year, but there's this annoying ringing noise whenever I talk on this (always been like this - should have taken it back but left it too late), reception is usually shyte and the battery ain't great either.

Anyway I'm looking for these things:
    - Available on O2 Speak Easy (from O2.ie or Carphone Warehouse or wherever)
    - With FM radio
    - Preferably with bluetooth
    - Preferably under or around €100
    - USB would be nice
    - Not bothered about camera or imode

I've noticed the K750i is still available on o2.ie (or is this lies?) - I'd really like it but I dunno if I can afford it :(

Any suggestions?
    Are Motorola phones any good these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I'm looking for a new phone. I got a NEC N343i last year, but there's this annoying ringing noise whenever I talk on this (always been like this - should have taken it back but left it too late), reception is usually shyte and the battery ain't great either.

Anyway I'm looking for these things:
    - Available on O2 Speak Easy (from O2.ie or Carphone Warehouse or wherever)
    - With FM radio
    - Preferably with bluetooth
    - Preferably under or around €100
    - USB would be nice
    - Not bothered about camera or imode

I've noticed the K750i is still available on o2.ie (or is this lies?) - I'd really like it but I dunno if I can afford it :(
    taking a look at the o2 website, looks like yur only options on speak easy are the k750i and 6230i. the BT being what brings the price up. the 6070 has a radio and is 99

edit:
    the k750i is €149 on the o2 website. get that
    Any suggestions?
    Are Motorola phones any good these days?
    blasphemy!!!!!1111111eleven

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I think I'll go for the Sony Ericsson W300i - only €120 and it's more music-playing oriented than the K750i (also cheaper and not nearly 2 years old) so maybe it can finally replace my MP3 CD Walkman too if I get a big M2 card :D

I found this site good for comparing phones: http://www.gsmarena.com/
    It even has listings for all the old crap like my Panasonic GD30 brick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

Motorola E2 one of the best music phones available right now (in terms of value for money) - check the mobilereview.com's review of it.

Available for around E130 (sim-free)

Has all the functions you need (and even has a 3.5mm socket for plugging your earphones directly into the phone)... Camera is only 1.3 megapixels, no autofocus but you stated you didn't need that. SD memory card so you can get up to 2gb for much cheaper than M2...

Screen blows the k750i out of the water :D

Advertisement