Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warranty Transfer

Options
  • 29-11-2006 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭

I''m thinking of buying an 06 Volkswagen from a non volkswagen garage. I have spoken to two VW garages in the last week and i have no desire to speak to them again, so I was just wondering did anyone here know - is the 2 year manufacturer's warranty transferrable to a new owner?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

to my knowledge , yes the warranty is on the car not the owners. if works need to be done most dealers will plug in the chasis number to the vw computer and warranty info is printed out.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes its possible, i got a letter off vw yesterday about it. Its on the car not person. so buy the car and just call vw and they shouldbe able to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

A manufacturers warranty follows the car and is not limited to any number of owners. Dealer warranty usually is specific to one dealer and one owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

thanks all

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

thanks all
    No problem, Thats what we are here for!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

drdre wrote:
    yes its possible, i got a letter off vw yesterday about it. Its on the car not person. so buy the car and just call vw and they shouldbe able to do it.

I got a letter yesterday about the breakdown assistance and there's a form in it to transfer that too

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Frazierjames

Definitely not

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Definitely not

You dragged up an old thread just for that. :confused:

Warranty is on the car not the owner as already stated.

Advertisement