Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bucharest beat Leverkusen to set up top of table clash

Options
  • 30-11-2006 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Story

Looks like 14th December won't be quite the damp squib a lot of us thought (hoped for?), Bucharest and ourselves are guaranteed a place in the last 32 but they need to win the game to top our group and play a 3rd placed side from the Group stages. I'd like to see us win another game for our coefficient, but not at the expense of risking league form, with an away trip to Eastlands following then a potential banana skin in Southend in the Carling Cup and an away trip to the Barcodes following.

Very busy December ahead, even our squad will be stretched.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I would have thought we should be able to get the draw we need while resting one or two players, but not too many. I think finishing top is very important though to avoid the risk of facing Werder/Barca.

Advertisement