Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

facial protection

• 30-11-2006 1:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭

After searching through site after site, decided i hated the look of a full face paintball style mask. realy restricts vision and looks nerdy.
    Decided on a pair of balistic shades that actualy look realy nice and a half face motorbike style mask. and i got a decent enough one from my local motorbike shop for 25euro.

Its made by OXFORD and is made of neoprene just like the ones on all the websites.
    It covers the front of the face from the ears forward and from the bridge of the nose down. it also covers the throat are which is nice as i dont fancy getting hit in the adams apple...............again after my nasty paintball experience.
    Its also nice and comfy. a little bit tight but not in anyway uncomfortable.

While i was ther i also got a pair of gloves. Again theese are motor bike gloves so are very wind proof and are a snug fit so should be no problem to use weapons with. They would not offer alot of protection against hits but that wasnt realy why i wanted them.

If i find them online i'll post links.

the glasses by the way are the gaurder g3 onesafter searching through site after site, decided i hated the look of a full face paintball style mask. realy restricts vision and looks nerdy.
    Decided on a pair of balistic shades that actualy look realy nice and a half face motorbike style mask. and i got a decent enough one from my local motorbike shop for 25euro.

Its made by OXFORD and is made of neoprene just like the ones on all the websites.
    It covers the front of the face from the ears forward and from the bridge of the nose down. it also covers the throat are which is nice as i dont fancy getting hit in the adams apple...............again after my nasty paintball experience.
    Its also nice and comfy. a little bit tight but not in anyway uncomfortable.

While i was ther i also got a pair of gloves. Again theese are motor bike gloves so are very wind proof and are a snug fit so should be no problem to use weapons with. They would not offer alot of protection against hits but that wasnt realy why i wanted them.

If i find them online i'll post links.

the glasses by the way are the gaurder g3 ones

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Cool :)

I got a neophrene facial mask off eHobby Asia, but it's not very good -- keeps falling down, so I can imagine in a skirmish it would be 100x more annoying. Gonna buy a balaclava once there's a date set for the first skirmish.

I've also got a pair of goggles off the same site, and they're okay, but fog up easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭[--SC(+)PE--]

I 2 made a mistake with my facial protection :rolleyes: . I bought that meshface mask on ehobby and though it is fairly good i realy dislike it and im going ditch it for some goggles instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

DaveMcG wrote:
    Cool :)

I got a neophrene facial mask off eHobby Asia, but it's not very good -- keeps falling down, so I can imagine in a skirmish it would be 100x more annoying. Gonna buy a balaclava once there's a date set for the first skirmish.

I've also got a pair of goggles off the same site, and they're okay, but fog up easily.

thats why i opted for the motorbiking mask as itd stay in place. im looking at getting a tiger woodland camo assault balaclava too when i get my own tiger camo pants and jacket.
    Also i prefer glases to goggles as they feel better on and dont restrict your view at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

i dont like the way its so open. a balaclava isnt realy designed for protection, its more for shock value so you want one of this type :

http://www.wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/product.asp?page=product&id=3HOLBALAOD

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

trust me, run around for 2 minutes in one of those balaclavas you linked and you'll have lost about half your body water in sweat. would not be pretty at all.

that one i linked to isnt made from wool hence less heat being trapped.

Its just to make sure that if a stray shot hits you in the face it doesnt break/bruise your skin.

Master of the Universe

ah but see, another problem. that style doesnt protect your nose/mouth. the one i linked does :D

have at look at some photos of shots people have taken to their teeth. not pretty!

Im going to get one *like* the one i linked. just with a smaller slit hole for the eyes.

no mouth/nose hole

they dont protect you mouth nose anyway. they are not thick enough.
    Thats what the wool ones are for but again, its a case of weather your after protection or comfort

Master of the Universe

you dont seem to understand what i'm saying :P its not the wool thats protecting, its the fact that your face is covered. so the bbs dont hit your skin, they hit cloth or whatever. the more thats covered the better. doesnt matter what the material is. its still gonna sting a bit. a big gaping hole where your mouth is not a good idea.

• Advertisement

AHHHHH, minor details, most importantly they look the part

Master of the Universe

well yeah, I'm sure seeing someone running at you wearing one of them pointing an AEG in your direction would be a pretty scary sight. :eek:

NOW you get it, a wool baly and an AK, nightmares forever!!!!!!

Master of the Universe

I'm not going to be able to sleep now :o

actually i must drop into Millets during the week to see if they have any facial protection or what. I'm still unsure about whether or not we'll be allowed play on Barrage without paintball masks. Must remember to bring that up on Sunday.

well, if ya wanna go to pred gimmie a pm. i must go in myself, see about some camo. i want some tiger stripe woodland coz i like the black in it but if i can get something else cheeper at home i will.

Master of the Universe

Their clothes are actually quite expensive. Standard woodland combats are the only thing I'd really buy in there. Just €25 a pair. Everything else is around the €40 mark.

Ebay is probably your best bet. I got a DPM jacket for €15 including postage :D Quite a snug thing too. Thick material. Should repel bbs pretty well.
    i hope!

yeah, i did find the exact camo pants and jacket i wanted in the tiger woodland that was at a good price but forgot the site it was on.

Master of the Universe

check out http://www.flecktarn.co.uk

go to the search and type in tiger

quite a few things come up.
    anyway, i gotta get off to bed. college in the morning. ack. seeya!

just about to call it a night myself.

as i said, if you wanna come on sat, gimmie a pm and i'll giv you my number.

Master of the Universe

argh I'd feckin love to but i really have to go to this place on Sunday. I have a feeling that if i went to Predator I'd need a day (or two!) after to recover.

Just a horrible coincidence. If it were any other weekend i would have went!

• Advertisement

ah, i understand, after all, whod want to spend a weekend running about shooting people, not me.................

its ok to be scared.

Master of the Universe

Yes I'm terrified! :rolleyes:

Who you heading up with anyway? or are you going on your own?

im meeting a guy from ASI but im driving up on my own. Thats why i have free seats.

Advertisement