Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket 775 cooler

Options
  • 30-11-2006 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

Ok need a socket 775 cooler and just wondering which is the best for the least money will be doing a bit of overclocking.

All help appreciated
    plonk

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

plonk wrote:
    Ok need a socket 775 cooler and just wondering which is the best for the least money will be doing a bit of overclocking.

All help appreciated
    plonk

arctic cooling freezer pro 7 for around 20 stg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Stock cooler? Its cheap, and is fairly good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Have a stock cooler at the moment and dont find it too good to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Fair enough, build quality is quite good but some fall by the wayside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

I have just bought the Zalman CNPS9500AT, and would recommend it with some proviso's.

I have a E6300 that had the stock cooler on. I wanted something a little less whiney.

At ful blast its much noisier than stock, but with speed fan halfing the speed its very quiet.

I have it in a htpc case so silence is my main aim. Core temps whilst running on half speed with prime95 doing its cpu torture test dont get above 35C!!

This is running with a slight overclock - 150Mhz giving 2Ghz, and low voltage - 1.1125

To be fair to the stock cooler CPU temps never exceeded 39C.

Going to try running with the cooler without the fan to see the effects.

• Advertisement
Advertisement