Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting online mixing service.

Options
  • 30-11-2006 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭

Should be officially started in 2-3 weeks. If anyone is interested in the service, check out www.counterpointaudio.net . Site will be upgraded (to include streaming audio hopefully) when the FTP stuff is sorted out.

In the meantime you can email me at info@counterpointaudio.com for details.

Cheers,

Nathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

I'd be interested to hear more. Maybe when your site is fully functional you could tell us about it in a new post?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

frobisher wrote:
    I'd be interested to hear more. Maybe when your site is fully functional you could tell us about it in a new post?

Yeah I feel the same, it's a cool idea but I'd liek to know more about it. Will you just be mixing standalone tracks? Or mastering too?

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

TelePaul wrote:
    Yeah I feel the same, it's a cool idea but I'd liek to know more about it. Will you just be mixing standalone tracks? Or mastering too?

Thanks for the interest. I will post again when the site is updated..it may be Feb /Mar now the way the workload is looking ( I am on the road from 19 Dec until 25 Jan ).

Maybe I should elaborate on what I mean by a 'mixing service'...

The proliferation, and increasing affordabilty of preamps, mics, and converters in todays market means that alot of artists can afford a decent quality recording chain these days.

I have encountered alot of bands and solo artists recently who have picked up the techniques to track/overdub pretty well in their own spaces.

Mixing is a little harder to pick up IMO, as it takes some experience.

Mixing through a good analog console also sounds better IMO than mixing purely in the box.

My service involves taking (preferably) raw, unprocessed 24 or 32 bit .WAV or .AIFF files, and bringing the project to the production level required.

I am still trying to work out a suitable model for this service...my normal hourly rate would not really suit unattended mixing...but a 'per project' rate has it's downsides also...if anyone has any suggestions I'd welcome them.

I would like to set up a viable service where the artist or producer could evaulate and comment on projects via FTP.

Also if anybody want's to hear examples of my work feel free to PM me.

Cheers,

Nathan

p.s I don't offer a mastering service. I work closely with a Nashville mastering engineer ( www.euphonicmasters.com ) and I feel it is very important to have the mastering service performed in a different acoustic space to the one the material was mixed in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

It's a very good idea. I personally know bands who have paid to record in studios but have gotten a student engineer who presses 'record' and thats it...after 3 days their songs sound rough as anything because they didn't factor in mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Wow...took alot longer than 2 - 3 weeks. Was very busy with a couple of projects.

Since I posted this, two Bands recorded&mixed here (Tortured Artists Social Club & The Arrangements), went on to get 2fm sessions on the strength of the recordings, and a third band (Saviours of Space) have won 'pick of the fortnight' in the current Hot Press for their current single 'I Want It'.

I should really say, that most of this is down to the quality of the bands material, but at least I didn't get in the way. :)

If you want to check out these bands songs, they are all on MySpace (not all of the songs were done here), but I would encourage people to contact the bands for a CD or WAV download if you like their stuff. MySpace player sounds terrrible.

Support Irish artists !

Anyway, 'tis up and running, info @ www.counterpointaudio.net ...still organising FTP details, email or PM me if interested.

Cheers all,

Nathan

• Advertisement
Advertisement