Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Rail, gangster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭Just My View

I'm getting dizzy. Is that a recursive link or did I forget my meds again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,182 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Id personally say you do, but dont be asking for advice ;)

Reading the thread it seems like there is enough public outcry to maybe give a call to that radio guy (dont know his name because I dont do radio :p): For Lanrod Eireann to set up policy and then place obstacles in the way of best practices is really f*ed up.

Also, the comment about them being a law onto themselves isnt wrong either: they're a monopoly. Its wrong, especially here in Ireland when the consumer should have choice. Its long overdue that the Rail system needs competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Big Nelly wrote:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055022531
    Do I have any sort of a case?

Please note no fine was mentioned or amount ticked on the ticket!!

Edit Opps

Not knowing if there are specific by laws relating to CIE I would make the following general points

- CIE would need to prove that you committed an offence, since it is not an offence [as conceeded] for you to board the train if they cant sell you a ticket, imo they would need to show that the ticket office was open at the time

- If indeed the ticket office was closed, you would potentially have a case in defamation for the ticket official accusing you of being a fare dodger.

EDIT: I just read on and realised that you subsequently found out you were mistaken and there was a ticket office open at the time you boarded the train. Then you dont seem to have much of a defence, except prehaps that it is the usual practice to buy a ticket in peirce

Advertisement