Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahmadinejad's Letter

Options
  • 30-11-2006 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭

nobody's mentioned it huh?

Iranian President Mahmood Ahmadinejad has penned a letter to the American People. It's not as long as his first letter to the Chimp-in-Chief but has got some good points. You can read the letter in full at http://www.ahmadinejad.ir/
    I can't link directly to the text of the letter but if you go to that site, click "English", it's the first story: "Message to the American People".
    A quick summary:
    To sum up:
    It is possible to govern based on an approach that is distinctly different from one of coercion, force and injustice.
    It is possible to sincerely serve and promote common human values, and honesty and compassion.
    It is possible to provide welfare and prosperity without tension, threats, imposition or war.
    It is possible to lead the world towards the aspired perfection by adhering to unity, monotheism, morality and spirituality and drawing upon the teachings of the Divine Prophets.
    Then, the American people, who are God-fearing and followers of Divine religions, will overcome every difficulty.
    What I stated represents some of my anxieties and concerns.
    The letter also contains some choice phraseology that the media will bandy about. However i think if you read the letter, you will most likely agree with some of his main points, particularly:
    Now that Iraq has a Constitution and an independent Assembly and Government, would it not be more beneficial to bring the US officers and soldiers home, and to spend the astronomical US military expenditures in Iraq for the welfare and prosperity of the American people?
    Also he asks what has blind support for the "Zionists" done for Ameica, other than to bring the country into international disrepute.

Does anybody think the US Administration have the statesmanship to engage Iran in talks? I think that's a big NO.
    However, Iran is clearly a willing and interested party.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The US wouldn't talk to the guy before Ahmadinejad who was far more reasonable. I doubt they will talk to Ahmadinejad either, who does come off as crazy at times.

Really the US seems intent on following there current policy of stupidity which is making matters far worse, so there just as nuts in my mind for going with the same old stuff that didn't work in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭sovtek

As most politicians his rhetoric doesn't follow through in reality...but he could give GWB and even some Demoncrats a lecture on democracy. This blog thing is a briliant idea...I wish we had that for our leaders in the West.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

As most politicians his rhetoric doesn't follow through in reality...but he could give GWB and even some Demoncrats a lecture on democracy.

Id question this on the basis Irans a theocracy, but Im aware the stormfront of hysteria has already determined the US is also theocracy. And a police state and a dictatorship. Not sure if this was before or after the recent elections...
    This blog thing is a briliant idea...I wish we had that for our leaders in the West.

We do, leaders regularly write columns in papers and waffle on about some bloody thing or other. Chirac is the most recent example Ive noted internationally, but ministers/TDs tend to fill articles and infest letter pages with their views.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

sovtek wrote:
    As most politicians his rhetoric doesn't follow through in reality...but he could give GWB and even some Demoncrats a lecture on democracy. This blog thing is a briliant idea...I wish we had that for our leaders in the West.

Yes, all the "so called democracies" (as I've seen them referred to on these forums) of the EvilWest could learn a thing or two from that great humanitarian and democrat Mr. Ahmadinejad.

The Iranian state is a model for the future political organisation of humanity - and I bet their secret police are pretty handy with the bastinado and all! Probably way better than any crummy CIA/US military people whose evil deeds always seem to end up on the news!:D

fly_agaric wrote:
    Yes, all the "so called democracies" (as I've seen them referred to on these forums) of the EvilWest could learn a thing or two from that great humanitarian and democrat Mr. Ahmadinejad.

The Iranian state is a model for the future political organisation of humanity - and I bet their secret police are pretty handy with the bastinado and all! Probably way better than any crummy CIA/US military people whose evil deeds always seem to end up on the news!:D

Considering there evil deeds tend to be done to others most people don't give a ****, but the people who have there democratically elected leaders assasinated and have a brutal dictator of another country be given all sorts of fun weapons to attack them with tend to have a different opinion.

But, hey those things weren't done to us, just others who didn't do exactly as the west says and shock horror tried to do something to benefit themselves. The current government in Iran was in response to the dictator, the US put there in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

wes wrote:
    Considering there evil deeds tend to be done to others most people don't give a ****, but the people who have there democratically elected leaders assasinated and have a brutal dictator of another country be given all sorts of fun weapons to attack them with tend to have a different opinion. But, hey those things weren't done to us, just others who didn't do exactly as the west says and shock horror tried to do something to benefit themselves.

True. But then most people don't give a **** when things do not personally
    affect them do they? Hardly an indicator of the inherant evil intent of Western democracies and the people who live and vote in them.
    wes wrote:
    The current government in Iran was in response to the dictator, the US put there in the first place.

The US, let alone the whole "West", is not solely responsible for what has happened in Iran since the Iranian revolution.

Anyway, if it makes you (or Sovtek more to the point) happy, ye can all carry on demonising "the West" entire as if it is some big monolith while lapping up the "wisdom" of the likes of Ahmadinejad and the fine example of how to run a state provided by Iran.

What are the "Western democratic countries" but a bunch of goons praying to Our Lord Jesus Christ + seig-heiling GWB while they visit evil on people living half way around the earth?:)

fly_agaric wrote:
    True. But then most people don't give a **** when things do not personally
    affect them do they? Hardly an indicator of the inherant evil intent of Western democracies and the people who live and vote in them.

The US, let alone the whole "West", is not solely responsible for what has happened in Iran since the Iranian revolution.

Anyway, if it makes you (or Sovtek more to the point) happy, ye can all carry on demonising "the West" entire as if it is some big monolith while lapping up the "wisdom" of the likes of Ahmadinejad and the fine example of how to run a state provided by Iran.

What are the "Western democratic countries" but a bunch of goons praying to Our Lord Jesus Christ + seig-heiling GWB while they visit evil on people living half way around the earth?:)

My point is that things have been done to Iran which has helped make it what it is today. The West is not evil (i fully agree that there is no such thing as a cohesive western world), but the US etc are not the paragons of good and freedom. Things have been done by countries in this part of the world which were wrong and helped contribute to the current mess we see to day.

Basically the more powerful countries have no trouble screwing over others if it benefits them. Hence the demonisation. Some of it is not deserve, but then again some of it is.

Also I think Ahmadinejad is a nut, but really looking at some of the leaders in Europe and the US, there not much better.

Advertisement