Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ch 6

• 30-11-2006 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Don't know if this has been mentioned on here, but I got channel 6 (new Irish channel) on the sirius sat on tuesday.
    Just wondering if that would probably be a test/feed?
    It was beside a channel called PG which was far from pg!;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's a feed to UPC headends outside Dublin. Isn't it encrypted? It used to be.

(UPC = new owner of NTL & Chorus in Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Still is encrypted in Cryptoworks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

Might be encrypted now but it was ok on Tuesday, it had the little dollar sign beside it, to say it was encrypted channel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,730 ✭✭✭✭L1011

dobsdave wrote:
    Might be encrypted now but it was ok on Tuesday, it had the little dollar sign beside it, to say it was encrypted channel.

I would presume you have a Technomate or similar box?

aaaand thats the last we'll say about that ;) Its still encrypted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Without mentioning the big bad banning words, how come some boxes get it and some don't, I don't mean *dreaded bannable word* the box but my SAB can pick up Five US thats testing FTA but sky box won't on other channels listings (shows up as encrypted) and I presume OPs technomate isn't hacked or anything.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote:
    I would presume you have a Technomate or similar box?

aaaand thats the last we'll say about that ;) Its still encrypted.

I have a technomate, correct.
    But the only card I have is an ART card for the footie.
    Am I missing something here?:confused:

You've got the, erm, alternate software to allow you to use ART cards. This, erm, does some stuff....

Five US is currently FTA with invalid NDS flags, meaning a Sky box won't get it but a real box can. AXN Italy is also on 28E in the same situation.

MYOB wrote:
    You've got the, erm, alternate software to allow you to use ART cards. This, erm, does some stuff....

Five US is currently FTA with invalid NDS flags, meaning a Sky box won't get it but a real box can. AXN Italy is also on 28E in the same situation.

Alternate software?? I spent 2 days putting my ART card in upside down,(as people on here can confirm:o )
    That shows you how much I know about sat decoders,
    Hey, maybe I've found a magical new software update method.:cool:

Anyway Ch 6 is crap after all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Fun times lads. :D

dobsdave wrote:
    Alternate software?? I spent 2 days putting my ART card in upside down,(as people on here can confirm:o )
    That shows you how much I know about sat decoders,
    Hey, maybe I've found a magical new software update method.:cool:

Anyway Ch 6 is crap after all that.

Did you buy it off eBay? They usually come with this 'upgrade'.

• Advertisement

MYOB wrote:
    Did you buy it off eBay? They usually come with this 'upgrade'.

Yes indeed, 'problem' sorted.

Having a bad day yesterday? :D
    MYOB wrote:
    You've got the, erm, alternate software to allow you to use ART cards. This, erm, does some stuff.... .

Just trying to, how shall I say this, not mention what I was mentioning. I think we'll leave this here shall we ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

off topic

but i was messing about with my 1m satellite and had it on 5e and was checking a feed out. And while i was at it i scanned some more and was getting 75% on some viasat scandanavian channels (mtv se, svt and others) this morning but as the morning went on the feed gradually began to get worse ( even though weather seemed to be getting better not worse ) until it was basically gone. Even though it just through from 75% to 72%. I could never tune in any of these other viasat channels before ( probably because i was never trying in the morning!). Just wondering is this the same for anyone else who can tune in these channels on their receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Smeagol

Yep, same here for the last 2-3 years.

Advertisement