Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson k750i

• 30-11-2006 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭

I figure this may have been asked before, but I searched through the last couple of pages and couldn't find anything.

Just wondering whats the max memory card you can stick in the SE k750i?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,007 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I think it's 2GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

Cheers.

Hmmmm, 2GB is not bad. Thats about 400 songs (based on 5MB average per song). Think that'd suit me as a phone/mp3 player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

The K750i is very outdated at this point. I'd get the K610im instead, which is a newer phone, and one of the smallest 3G phones to boot! It comes with Sony Ericsson headphones and mini speakers.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i have 2GB, and have read online that people have put the 4GB cards in and they work fine...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The K750i is very outdated at this point. I'd get the K610im instead, which is a newer phone, and one of the smallest 3G phones to boot! It comes with Sony Ericsson headphones and mini speakers.

Thats pretty misleading. They have very similar feature set, (excluding 3G) and the K750i is much cheaper. The K750i is is much better featured than a lot of other phones that are more expensive than it. However the K610im could be consider an improved K750i, so if I would go for the K610im myself. But the K750i is far from outdated. Bit of a bargain IMO.

• Advertisement

TempestSabre, I thought the K750i and K610im both cost the same, at least from o2.ie (they're €149 each with €90 bonus credit)?

Hadn't noticed that. Good point. I still wouldn't say the K750i is very outdated though. Almost the same as the K610im. But it makes sense to buy the newer one as long as there not new issues with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

The k750i isn't outdated at all. It's features & design have raised the bar for other 'top of the range' phones on the market. Plus considering it is still going strong today and was launched 1 year & a half ago says alot about this particular model.
    However the K610im could be consider an improved K750i

The K610im isn't in the same league as the k750i IMO. The improvement on the k750i is the w810i (which is basically the same phone but with a direction button instead of a joystick). If the k610im is an improvement on anything then it would be the k600i, but the k800i is an improvement on the k610im (but is more expensive, mainly because of the 3.2megapixal camera)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tiger2005

Will the SE k750i work with the bluetooth on the Bluetooth Nokia handsfree kit??

What features does the K750i have that the k610im doesn't? The only features I can see is the Radio. Ditto the K800i? Theres very little between these phones in real terms. The k610im has a few features that K750i or K800i don't have. The K800i has a slightly better camera. But will you really notice the difference?

• Advertisement

What features does the K750i have that the k610im doesn't? The only features I can see is the Radio

Just a radio? Okay, I'll fill in the blanks for you. Featurs on the k750i that the k61oim lacks: Internal memory 32MB (can add upto 2GB.....maybe more), digital zoom on camera which also features autofocus and a built in LCD flash, Infared port. I would also be more confident of dropping the solid k750i onto a hard surface a few times then to drop the flimsy k610im.

The k800i is basically an upgrade of the k610im, so it obviously going to be an improved (ie: it has best camera on any phone that is on the market right now).

And the K610im has features that the K750i does not have. Apart from being newer, it's lighter, smaller, has 2 cameras (one for video calling), 3G UMTS, push email and i-mode. It also doesn't have the joystick that's prone to failing.

I guess it's up to what you need in a phone. For me, 3G and push email is important. I've also noticed that the sound quality is better while in 3G coverage.

Like I said, it's the best phone overall that I have owned so far. The K750i was offered to me as an upgrade on O2 for €29 almost 18 months ago, I had a play with it, and didn't like it. Got the Nokia 6230i instead at the time.

Raekwon wrote:
    Just a radio? Okay, I'll fill in the blanks for you. Featurs on the k750i that the k61oim lacks: Internal memory 32MB (can add upto 2GB.....maybe more), digital zoom on camera which also features autofocus and a built in LCD flash, Infared port. I would also be more confident of dropping the solid k750i onto a hard surface a few times then to drop the flimsy k610im.

The k800i is basically an upgrade of the k610im, so it obviously going to be an improved (ie: it has best camera on any phone that is on the market right now).

Where are you getting your facts from? K610im has digital zoom, not sure about autofocus, some sites say yes some no. The K750i doesn't have a flash it has a light. K750i takes poor pictures at night IMO. Officially the K610im supports 1GB same as the K750i but like the K750i its likely to be more unofficially. IR it doesn't have, but dunno how many use that now with bluetooth around. I have a K750i and I wouldn't rate it in the drop test either. The camera shutter has just borken on mine, and going on the web the joystick fails a lot on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I think some of you are a bit misformed

The k750i while having be around for ages is not outdated more just that everyone has one.

Some phones suit others better id go for the k750i over the 610 for a few reasons Radio, Memory stick duo (available to 4gb) and the camera has autofocus which makes a huge difference to the quaility

the 610 has a dpad which really is the only downside to the k750i and its 3g if you use that sort of thing the camera isnt nearly as good without the auto focus and its uses micro memory stick which is only available to 1gb

Really depends on your use for it but i dont think that anyone can argue that the k750i while maybe not being top of the range is certainly a brilliant phone and the features your getting for the money are excellent all you have to do is look around to see that everyone has one

Where are you getting your facts from? K610im has digital zoom, not sure about autofocus, some sites say yes some no. The K750i doesn't have a flash it has a light. K750i takes poor pictures at night IMO. Officially the K610im supports 1GB same as the K750i but like the K750i its likely to be more unofficially. IR it doesn't have, but dunno how many use that now with bluetooth around. I have a K750i and I wouldn't rate it in the drop test either. The camera shutter has just borken on mine, and going on the web the joystick fails a lot on them.

My facts are from the official Sony Ericsson site, I think you should take a quick look at it, your arguments are about as thin as paper. The light on the k750i is considered to be a flash, it is fairly decent and if you download anti noise software onto it then the pictures come out pretty okay at night (btw, this is a camera on a phone, what do you expect?) And as for your drop test theory, the k750i is damn sturdy, I have one since last summer and it is in perfect nick, even after hitting the deck a few times. Oh, so your shutter fell off, well at least you had one to start with, the k610im doesn't even have a shutter :rolleyes:

Anyway, to answer the OP question, the k750i supposts upto 4GB of added memory.

To the k610im lovers out there, the k610im vs.the k750i is actually in this thread.

The Sony Site for example lists the K610im as having a 2.5x digital zoom and the K750i as not having one. Its not a flash its a light, alternatively other cameras have a flash and not a light. Theres a difference. Yes you can use the light as a flash, but its not all that great. What do I expect. I expect that if you say a feature (flash) is worthwhile, it should be of real world use. If your happy with mediocre photos I'm happy for you. For me the camera on the K750i is very good (for what it is) in bright conditions. Outside of that the quality suffers a lot.

I didn't say the shutter fell off, I said it broke. Which is a common problem, (just like the joystick) If you don't have a shutter I'd see that as better, as theres less to break. The camera shutter seems flimsy on nearly all the Sony phones.

The K750i didn't support 4GB out of the box. Thats only come about later as the sizes of cards have increased. I'm sure the same will happen with the new format. Thats only logical. I've a 1GB card, and I never come close to filling it. That said I don't use the radio or the MP3 player , I perfer using a proper MP3 player. Especially as the supplied earphones aren't great.

Having said all that, the K750i is a great phone for the price, it has it flaws though. (as they all do).

You own a k750i and you need to check a website for it's specs because you never realized that it has a 4.0x zoom on the camera? That's odd.

Your expectations are way too high, again, this is a camera on a phone! Plus I would hardly call the photo quality mediocre :confused: It you want an amazing quality photo then get yourself a Canon EOS-1D or something ;) (P.S.: Real world feature...........a torch! Cool eh? ;) )

And of course the k750i doesn't come with 4GB in the box, that point is pointless and quit frankly beyond ridiculous, \Sony never qive anything away for free.

The point of the matter is, anyone who is reading this thread and knows about phones will agree that the k750i is better then the k610im. It is very simple. The only flaw with the k750i is the joystick but 9 out of 10 times that even isn't an issue. TBH, I really don't see why you are even comparing the k610im with the k750i (apart from the fact that they are now the same price).

I don't use digital zoom myself as all it achieves is a bigger more blurry picture. So I could care less what it is. The point was, you said the k610im lacked digital zoom it doesn't. I never said the K750i didn't have it. You made a similar inaccurate comment comparing the memory capacities of the phones too. No one said it should come with 4GB. So hence why people would need to check elsewhere, like the Sony website as your "facts" are inaccurate tbh. The Sony site isn't all that clear either for that matter.

*yawn* :rolleyes:

I said the k610im lacked digital zoom with autofocus......which it does. Am I wrong??? You said that the k750i doesn't come with a 4GB out of the box...........who ever said that it did??? Why did you need to point it out??? My original comment was that the k750i has 32MB built in memory (as compared to the 16MB built into the k610im). So again, how are my facts inaccurate? :confused:

You go onto say that you now could care less about the camera but before you were complaining that the quality was bad in poor light conditions and you described it overall as 'mediocre'. Sounds to me that you like complaining for the sake of it.

This thread is not about the k610im at all, why it was brought up is beyond me especially considering that there is another thread about the comparison between the two models. I think Urban Weigl & you must be on commission or something :rolleyes:

Raekwon wrote:
    ....Featurs on the k750i that the k61oim lacks: Internal memory 32MB (can add upto 2GB.....maybe more),...

You said it can add up to 2GB maybe more as a feature the K750i has and the k610im hasn't.
    ...The K750i didn't support 4GB out of the box....

I said support not comes with... I'm simply pointing out the limitation was the card and firmware. Which will probably change over time ;)
    Raekwon wrote:
    You go onto say that you now could care less about the camera ...

I said I could care less about the digital zoom. ;)
    Raekwon wrote:
    ...digital zoom on camera which also features autofocus and a built in LCD flash ...

The K750i doesn't have a flash. it has a light. If it had a flash why can you buy a flash attachment as an extra? But does your comment that mean one has digital zoom and the other doesn't. Or does it mean digitial zoom with autofocus? You said to check the Sony site to see. But do a compare on the Sony site and it doesn't even list most of these things for the K750i. Which I know is wrong but thats the reference you gave to see accurate specs.

Superficially these phones seem similar. Thats why its relevent. I realise now that the major difference (for me) is the lack of autofocus and radio. Anyway enough, obviously you don't read my posts properly which is why you misquote them, and I find your posts, inaccurate and misleading. Lets leave it at that. End of.

The OP question has been answered. The max memory is the max size supported by firmware. Theres lots of threads around the place about it if you do a goggle.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055020745&referrerid=59211
    http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-96465
    http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=K750i+support+4GB&btnG=Search&meta=

• Advertisement

obviously you don't read my posts properly which is why you misquote them, and I find your posts, inaccurate and misleading

Ditto :rolleyes: This is exactly what I think you posts, plus you are taking my points out of context and contradicting your own points which by and large have nothing to do with this thread anyway.
    Lets leave it at that. End of.

I agree, this is getting very childish and petty especially considering that it all began with a *stupid remark that never belonged in this thread anyway.

*"The K750i is very outdated at this point. I'd get the K610im instead"

Advertisement