Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you Skype on Digiweb Metro

Options
  • 30-11-2006 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Has anyone had experience of using Skype on Digiweb metro and if so what's it like? Also does anyone have Digiweb service in the KCR area?

I have IBB Ripwave which is useless for Skype, it's a bit like calling a South Pole weather station, latency a go go!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Well We have had 3 skypes and two online gamers simultanously on our Digiweb metro. 3M/

Mine can handle about 3 simultanous video skypes on separate PCs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dag_t_on_tv

If I am to sign up to Digiweb what are the baseline signal strengths I should be looking for? I've seen some technical references hare on boards.

Anybody have Digiweb near KCR?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Metro works to 10km out from the mast (12km for Watty as we all know :p) so if you have line of sight and are under 10km you should be fine.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Considering Skype will sometimes work on a 56K connection it should be fine on Metro :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Metro works to 10km out from the mast (12km for Watty as we all know :p) so if you have line of sight and are under 10km you should be fine.
    Shh..

Actually I have had Skype working on 33K connection, and managed to build a custom MS WME audio + video webcam stream of 28k that also worked.

On anyones Broadband, Skype will use about 100k each way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement