Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

who was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Eirebear wrote:
    Oh come on guys...you won, he gave you a penalty and he sent off a dundee player for "applauding" a decision.
    Nah your right he sounds like he was pretty dismal alright :D;)
    It just shows we can't be won over by decisions in our favour. :) That player didn't deserve to be sent off, another terrible decision.
    odonnell wrote:
    who was it?
    http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/referee_profile.cfm?viewprofile=1&refereeid=20250568&viewcategory=5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Oj god...he is terrible, ill give you that....almost as bad as charlie richmond:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

odonnell wrote:
    who was it?

Hun/Mason/etc. ref

OnlyJokingOfCourse CSC :D
    Eirebear wrote:
    Oh come on guys...you won, he gave you a penalty and he sent off a dundee player for "applauding" a decision.

I know, I know... :) Just hate seeing sh1te reffing, win, lose or draw.

its frustrating when a ref has quite obviously caught his wife cheating on him, gotten all bothered about his daughter getting her naval peirced, noticed a dent on the bumper of his rover, and stood in dog poo on his way to the match.

unfortunately until we find a robot capable of doing the job - the middle aged guy who never made the school team will ALWAYS have the power to piss us all off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

CIS Cup draw was this afternoon:

Aberdeen v Inverness CT
    Dundee Utd v Hamilton Academical
    Celtic v Hearts
    Motherwell v Rangers

I'll be disappointed if we can't progress against Hearts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Eirebear wrote:
    he gave you a penalty and he sent off a dundee player for "applauding" a decision.
    to be fair, that is a Yellow card offence, as is asking the referree to show another player a yellow card.

Mind you, a bit of consistency by refs in the SPL is sorely needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

I love how this thread has only ever needed modding once.

Shocked :eek: but its great tbh :)

Eirebhoy can be changed to SPL Discussion if you want.

kdjac

Were a civillised mob us SPL fans kdjaCL.....even the hibs fan who lurks around here somewhere.....;)
    Mind you if any aberdeen fans turn up your hands may be full!

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote:
    Were a civillised mob us SPL fans kdjaCL.....even the hibs fan who lurks around here somewhere.....;)
    Mind you if any aberdeen fans turn up your hands may be full!

This is true. Thankfully there are no Jambo's round, that would explain the lack of antagonising mofo's about the place.

Not that they have a lot to be happy about these days!.:D

Blackjack wrote:
    This is true. Thankfully there are no Jambo's round, that would explain the lack of antagonising mofo's about the place.

Not that they have a lot to be happy about these days!.:D

First up...Mofo! :D:D

secondly, i think id have to agree on the hearts fans, jumped up little so n so's the lot of them....send them to aberdeen!:D

Eirebear wrote:
    the hearts fans, jumped up little so n so's the lot of them

You really, really don't want me to start on about them. ;)

KdjaCL wrote:
    Eirebhoy can be changed to SPL Discussion if you want.
    I don't think anyone would object to changing the title. I remember I set an SPL Discussion thread and nobody replied though. :D

Thats coz the SPL is ****e :D

Blackjack wrote:

:D I think we're ALL in agreement with that sentiment. So why not call this the "SPL (except jambos/scumbos) discussion thread"? Or to keep O'Donnell happy, the "SPL (except jambos/scumbos and Gretna) discussion thread"? Or to keep Eirebhoy happy, the "SPL (but mainly Nakamura) discussion thread"? :)

• Advertisement

nothing can keep me happy sir.... NOTHING i say!

To be honest, i would worry about changing the title because it wouldnt attract any of the other civilised posters who may be interested in chatting about celtic but then get snaired into this whirlpool of anti-bigotry! Having the thread titled like so acts like a trap, and i like that :D

odonnell wrote:
    nothing can keep me happy sir.... NOTHING i say!
    :D

Oh believe me, thats the truest thing ever said on this thread!:p

Nah in all honesty hes right though, changing it to SPL discussion probably wont be of any other use other than to keep Obsessive Compulsive types happy that everything is in the right box.
    it may even attract those from the north......and those from the south.....shudder

My goodness.... two huns on the thread want to KEEP it as the CELTIC discussion thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I still think you two are imposters.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PauloMN wrote:
    Or to keep Eirebhoy happy, the "SPL (but mainly Nakamura) discussion thread"? :)

i actually laughed out loud when i read that :D

PauloMN wrote:
    My goodness.... two huns on the thread want to KEEP it as the CELTIC discussion thread. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I still think you two are imposters.... :D

Nah mate....just dont like change!
    And anyway get it right, if we were pretending to be gers fans, wouldnt that make us "timposters"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I have got my 'Reid = Warmonger' banner ready for the weekend or does this consititute politics in football and never the twain shall meet!

I have got my 'Reid = Warmonger' banner ready for the weekend or does this consititute politics in football and never the twain shall meet!
    Does that suggest your not a happy chappy then ADIG?

Eirebear wrote:
    Nah mate....just dont like change!
    And anyway get it right, if we were pretending to be gers fans, wouldnt that make us "timposters"?

Nah, I thought about that.... Timposters are those who post on Celtic forums pretending to be Tims.... you two are the opposite I reckon! ;)

Predictions for tomorrow lads? Here's mine:

Aberdeen v Gretna, 3-0
    Celtic v Dundee Utd, 3-1
    Hibernian v Kilmarnock, 2-2
    Inverness CT v Falkirk, 1-2
    Motherwell v Rangers, 1-1 :)

PauloMN wrote:
    Nah, I thought about that.... Timposters are those who post on Celtic forums pretending to be Tims.... you two are the opposite I reckon! ;)

Predictions for tomorrow lads? Here's mine:

Aberdeen v Gretna, 3-0
    Celtic v Dundee Utd, 3-1
    Hibernian v Kilmarnock, 2-2
    Inverness CT v Falkirk, 1-2

Not according to gers forums....timposters are those who post pretending to be gers! funny that eh? :D

Aberdeen 2 gretna 1
    Celtic 4 Dundee Utd 1
    Hibs 2 Kille 1
    ICT 1 Falkirk 1
    Motherwell 1 Rangers 3 :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Aberdeen 2 Gretna 0
    Celtic 3 Dundee Utd 1
    Hibs 2 Kilmarnock 0
    ICT 1 Falkirk 2
    Motherwell 1 Rangers 2

Motherwell 1 Gers 1

Awful first half from Rangers going down one nil, came back into it in the second half with beasley winning a penalty for boyd to convert.
    Interesting match, all credit to motherwell who are on fire under McGhee at the moment.
    Its gonna be one of those seasons isnt it! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

PauloMN wrote:
    Good call!
    Hopefully Celtic can do the biz to reclaim there rightful place on the top now.

ziggy67 wrote:
    Didn't see the penalty but i wasn't surprised to hear you got one! :rolleyes:
    (seriously, was it a legit peno? Opinion is divided on the Celtic board i was reading)

Looks like it. I think whoever crashes out of Europe first will have a big advantage in the title race funnily enough.

I reckon it was a penalty....he did go down fairly easy, but he was clipped on the back of the heels too, one of those ones that sometimes you see given sometimes you dont.

As for the europe thing....thats just wishful thinking on your part :p

• Advertisement

Bit of a worry Jan Venegoor off injured! hope he is fit for the Milan game

If Naka is fit I wouldn't be too disappointed with McDonald as the lone striker with all the midfield supporting. If Naka isn't fit we don't really have much option but to play 2 up front. Sno has been poor this season.

Hattrick for McDonald against Dundee Utd! :)

bloody hell the old firm game is gonna be ineresting on the 20th if this keeps up andd re both on the same points.
    Really need to find somewhere to watch...

Jesus I didn't realise there's only one more league game left before the derby. :eek: Well actually, we have to play Gretna twice in 2 days according 2 BBC:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/fixtures/default.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Back on top. It feels good. :)

eirebhoy wrote:
    If Naka is fit I wouldn't be too disappointed with McDonald as the lone striker with all the midfield supporting. If Naka isn't fit we don't really have much option but to play 2 up front. Sno has been poor this season.

Very true he looks very unfit, didn't he get sick during one match and couldn't continue?

Good call!
    Hopefully Celtic can do the biz to reclaim there rightful place on the top now.

Yeah, pity I never get the good calls into Ladbrokes, only the wrong ones. :mad:

• Advertisement

Another Good weekend for the Hibees, only 1 point behind the leaders. Could be early days yet but if this kind of form continues, then 3rd spot certainly is achievable.

Blackjack wrote:
    Another Good weekend for the Hibees, only 1 point behind the leaders. Could be early days yet but if this kind of form continues, then 3rd spot certainly is achievable.

Carefull blackjack...youll get a nose bleed!

Celtic fans...quick opinion poll for me as i cant quite gauge whats going on....John Reid, happy or not?

So the mass hysteria over here about the "celtic way" being endangered and that his appointment goes against everything the club has ever stood for are a little bit off the mark then?

ziggy67 wrote:
    I would say it is completely OTT. If anything you would think the man would be a hero amongst a certain type of Celtic fan having caused the death of so many British soldiers. Don't know what he brings to Celtic at all but will give him a chance.

wow! that would possibly make the most twisted argument ive ever heard!, must remember that one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Eirebear wrote:

Celtic fans...quick opinion poll for me as i cant quite gauge whats going on....John Reid, happy or not?

Not happy

Blows the 'no place for politics in football' argument out the water though

Eirebear wrote:
    Carefull blackjack...youll get a nose bleed!

Pffft....we're still unbeaten, and hopefully will be taking all 3 points next weekend as well. We had a bit of a thing for scoring 3 against your boys a couple of years ago.

My Personal Favourite....
    ;)

Blackjack wrote:
    Pffft....we're still unbeaten, and hopefully will be taking all 3 points next weekend as well. We had a bit of a thing for scoring 3 against your boys a couple of years ago.

My Personal Favourite....
    ;)

Shudder.......
    beating the mini-celtic is always a nice warm up for the real thing though ;)

Eirebear wrote:
    Shudder.......
    beating the mini-celtic is always a nice warm up for the real thing though ;)
    we scored 3 against you last game we played as well. Watched it all from the east Stand at the Leith San-Siro. Keeper cost us all 3 points that day.

Now now children, I think what would keep us all happy is a nice Gers v Hibees draw. Well, it would keep the Celts happy anyway. ;)

Predictions for the CL games anyone?

Lyon v Rangers: 2-1
    Celtic v Milan: 1-1

• Advertisement
Advertisement