Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Are you two being serious? Watch the game again, watch how many times he kicked the ball at opposing players. Really dangerous play, he not good enough at the moment to be getting a first team place. Plus the penalty was his fault.

If any defender earned his wage on Wednesday, it was Caldwell. He had an excellent game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Caldwell was guilty of giving the ball to the opposition too. :) Particularly from headers. I remember 3 terrible headers going straight to Milan players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Current SPL table for anyone who's interested!.

Scottish Premier
    Hibernian 21
    Celtic 19
    Rangers 19
    Dundee Utd 16
    Hearts 14
    Motherwell 13
    Kilmarnock 12
    Aberdeen 8
    St Mirren 7
    Falkirk 7
    Inverness CT 7
    Gretna 4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Unbelievable....first up well done blackjack, Hibs set their team out perfectly and although they never looked anything like scoring before the goal, they defended brilliantly and took their chance when it came.

As for Rangers, i dont know what the hell Smith thought he was doing playing 4-5-1 at home in the SPL, no offence but Hibs arent exactly barcelona are they?
    And as for the changes...why bring Adam back in out of no where? Thats fine against teams like Gretna but not against the teams that are challenging for a place at the top.
    We havnt played the same teamtwo games running this season....i think that tells its own stories.:( :mad:

ziggy67 wrote:
    Walter Smith: tinker man :)

I dont get it....our worries before the start of the season were that although Smith new the scottish game inside out, he couldnt hack it in europe and that we might not even qualify let alone do what we have so far.....
    Shows what us fans know eh?!:o

Eirebear wrote:
    first up well done blackjack,

Oh I can't take ALL of the credit;)

Great times to be a Hibs fans. Even if it will only be Top of the SPL for about 24 hours, we'll be in top 2 for 2 weeks minimum in any case.

• Advertisement

Blackjack wrote:
    Oh I can't take ALL of the credit;)

Ah go one...i know your really Rob Jones in disguise :), that big donkey played a blinder today.

Eirebear wrote:
    Ah go one...i know your really Rob Jones in disguise :), that big donkey played a blinder today.
    Fair play to him. Tried to get streams for the game but to no avail, so I'll have to wait for the highlights.

Jones is quite a handy chap to have on the team but he's most unfortunate insofar as any time he does make a mistake it nearly always costs us a goal. It's good to have a few Defenders (Jones and Murphy) who are capable of sticking them in the back of the net all the same.

Aye Murphy cleared one off the line not long after he scored too...played well

Eirebear wrote:
    Aye Murphy cleared one off the line not long after he scored too...played well

Yeah, managed to catch a bit of commentary on the Radio as well, so heard the last 20 minutes or so. Was very nervous!.

Gretna 1 - 0 Celtic at half time :eek:
    Somethings not right with scottish football at the moment.....

Celtic now 28 away games without a clean sheet....shockarooney!:D

• Advertisement

2-1 celtic.....Killen 85 minutes and McDonald in injury time....every bloody time with you lot, I hate ye's i really do :p

Jesus I feel sorry for Gretna. I haven't seen 11 Celtic players all play so badly in a long time.

Naka played the holding role for the last 20 minutes too.

I think today showed exactly how to beat Celtic. Don't let them play. Rangers would relish that kind of challenge though. ;)

eirebhoy wrote:
    Jesus I feel sorry for Gretna. I haven't seen 11 Celtic players all play so badly in a long time.

Naka played the holding role for the last 20 minutes too.

I think today showed exactly how to beat Celtic. Don't let them play. Rangers would relish that kind of challenge though. ;)

If theres one team I have faith in Walter Smith against Eirebhoy i think it might be you lot ;)
    3 in a row next week? ;)

Maybe. We're going for the 3 in a row that really matters though.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

eirebhoy wrote:
    Maybe. We're going for the 3 in a row that really matters though.:p
    Ha, thats telling him. :D

Was a poor performance all round really, but they stuck at it. Great header by Killen, and McDonald did the business again.

I feel sorry for Gretna, they defended like tigers, great header off the line by one of the defenders when it looked like a certain goal.

Also well done to the Hibees for beating the huns yesterday.

Looking forward to the OF now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Poor game today, fair play to Gretna, think we'll give them more respect next time. I feel they should have got at least a point from today, obviously I'm glad they didn't.

Injuries are beginning to tell though, I'm sure that's part of the poor game. Anyone know how Hartley is? Also Caldwell seemed to pull a muscle and didn't look right afterwards, is he out of the frame as well? This international break has come at a good time.

McDonald was great though. :D

Good news, can't argue with that. Let's hope Celtic's security planning is a little better from now on.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/7034017.stm

Now we can finally celebrate beating the champs 2-1!! :D

ziggy67 wrote: »
    Thats the thing isn't it? That c**t running onto the pitch robbed us of those glorious adrenaline filled hours of celebration for beating the European champions. Hours that we will never get back :mad: I really, really hate that guy!!!

Well that's it, instead of celebrating a great win, I went to bed wondering if we'd blown it. Then all we've heard for the past week is about UEFA and how they'll punish us and Milan. Not every day you beat a team like Milan, but the party was spoiled big-time. :mad:

Sod it, it's done now, and will be forgotten about soon. Now for the game in Mordor... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭green123

at least uefa recognise that what dida did was disgraceful
    finally some justice in this crazy world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Justice was done! Glad that Dida was punished too!

thank god thats all over thats all ive got to say....can we get back to football now?
    Unfortunately im off on me hols for a couple of weeks, so i wont be able to give you lot too much stick after we gub you next week ;)

Anyone here gonna be at Ibrox?

Gillie wrote: »

Only in Spirit unfortunatly :cool:

I've never been to Ibrox actually.

• Advertisement

eirebhoy wrote: »

Only coz they wont let you in ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭lynchie

Gillie wrote: »

yup.. 5 of us travelling over next weekend.. cant wait!!

Some atomosphere! Only been once.
    A couple of years back where we lost 2-1 and Thommo & Sutton were sent off! Tough game to watch!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

I have been to quite a few, the best was the beach balls one just before Seville :D

According to the papers Sno is considering his future and loads of teams are interested. He scored 2 for Dutch U21s last night:
    http://profile.imeem.com/Ku_Nm5P/video/_YwCu7Jd/estonia_holanda_u21_goles_sports_video/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭OhNoYouDidn't

PauloMN wrote: »
    Don't know much about him but as long as he's dedicated and has the best interests of the club at heart, I couldn't care less what his background is. That being the case, it's a thumbs-up from me. :)

I like the idea of having life-long supporters running the club, and by all accounts Reid is just that.

that is most certainly not the consensus amongst the Celtic support.

A war criminal, anti-immigrant establishment figure that stands for everything the Celts don't.

A massively unpopular appointment as evidenced by the protests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Celtic v Rangers Saturday 12.30 Setanta Sports, bring it on! I fancy Celtic to get at least a draw.

Saturday morning. Looks like I'll be watching that in the house. Brown didn't train today and it looks like he's out.

Celtic team training at the new Lennoxtown complex:
    http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1015/15920551ka3.jpg

What a view.

• Advertisement

Got these on thehuddleboard.

http://i22.tinypic.com/2ijsufb.jpg
    http://i20.tinypic.com/2nhlwf8.jpg

and best of all
    http://i24.tinypic.com/16abi35.jpg

A good point Strachan made is that the players will only be at Celtic park on match days now which makes it a lot more exciting for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Thats some stunning scenery. Hopefully it'll inspire the bhoys to greater things. :)

On Saturdays game: I'm thinking a draw aswell. Hard to know after a layoff like this what the bhoys are going to do exactly. They were a bit ropey the last day against Gretna. I've a few reservations about our defence at the moment, and I can see us possibly shipping a couple of goals. McDonald looks on fire though.

Prediction: 2-2

Got these on thehuddleboard.

http://i22.tinypic.com/2ijsufb.jpg
    http://i20.tinypic.com/2nhlwf8.jpg

and best of all
    http://i24.tinypic.com/16abi35.jpg

A good point Strachan made is that the players will only be at Celtic park on match days now which makes it a lot more exciting for them.

Wonder who owns the bashed up Civic in the car park? Riordan is my guess. ;):D

Yep, I think a draw is a real possibility tomorrow. Would be surprised with a win given our injury situation. Agree we'll ship a goal or two, but think McDonald will score also. 2-2 here also.

A few people reckon the team will be...

Boruc
    Caldwell---O'Dea---McManus---Naylor
    Naka---Sno--Donati--Brown---Jarosik
    McDonald

I'm sure one of the midfielders will be playing just behing McDonald but I won't predict who. It could easily be Naka, Brown, Jarosik or even Sno considering he played up front twice for Holland this week.

• Advertisement

A few people reckon the team will be...

Boruc
    Caldwell---O'Dea---McManus---Naylor
    Naka---Sno--Donati--Brown---Jarosik
    McDonald
    That's the team. Apparantly O'Dea might be playing right back though.:eek: He's a poor left back so I really hope he's not playing at right back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

2-0 to Rangers

Barry Ferguson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

3-0

Another for Novo

The current Celtic team can't hack matches like that. Sno, Donati, Naka need time on the ball.

Anyway, top of the league, having played 2 more away games than Rangers and also played at Ibrox.

• Advertisement
Advertisement