Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

football is football and theres not a fan in the world would rather have defeat with a pretty game, than some measure of success on the back of the odd ANTI game. Sure - every team in the SPL plays anti football against our teams, apart from hibs it seems :/

its a tactic the same as any other and the use of it isnt negative - its downright sensible.

ya feckers yaes :)

as for you eirebhoy - i exist only to make you feel guilty mate, its my reason for being!! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Hibs have been playing attractive football for a number of years now. Never the type of team to play Anti-Football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Aberdeen 2 Falkirk 0
    Celtic 4 Motherwell 1
    Gretna 1 Ict 2
    Hibs 2 St. Mirren 0
    Kilmarnock 2 Hearts 3
    Dundee Utd 1 Rangers 2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

McDonald's 2nd hattrick of the season. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Kenny who?? :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

ziggy wrote: »

Good one! :)

Yes McDonald is settling into the role better than anyone could have imagined. He's like a Kenny Miller that can actually score. Excellent player, hope he'll stick around for a while. Bodes well given that he's a die-hard Celtic supporter. I love seeing real fans do well at Celtic.

Here you go:
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€
    €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

3rd in the league eh? Who'd have thought it.

Credit where credit is due, it's a pretty good achievement for Craig Levein considering where they were last season. They'll be tricky to beat at home for us as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

Yeah I'm really gonna have to start betting against us after we have a European game - at least I'll make some money out of my misery :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

footage of the John Thomson accident on youtube

worth a look for any Celtic fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYJAoLQ2nhI

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Great weekend at the office. :) It's like the hun OF win has been wiped out completely. :)

Sad clip about John Thomson. :( Watched the 75th anniversary program about him on Celtic TV recently. A really great guy, and an absolute tragedy that he passed away so young. John Thomson RIP. You are remembered fondly by all!

It's like the hun OF win has been wiped out completely. :)

Yeah, I was thinking that myself, but then I thought imagine we'd beaten them, we'd have been 9 points ahead already. :eek: How cool would that have been...

Anyway we're on top, all that matters really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

PauloMN wrote: »
    Yeah, I was thinking that myself, but then I thought imagine we'd beaten them, we'd have been 9 points ahead already. :eek: How cool would that have been...

Anyway we're on top, all that matters really.

lol thats like saying if we had beaten Hearts Motherwell Hibs and Dundee Utd....wed be nine points clear!
    Watch yer backs lads, your not as good as Strachan thinks you are, and once Walter sorts his head out for the games against the "wee teams" then well be flying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

as a celtic fan myself i have already admitted (few oages back now!) that IMO at least rangers have a stronger squad then us this year and i think that may hurt us come seasons end, hope it wont of course. anyway, great result for dundee and as usual the european hangover strikes for the huns! perfect!

• Advertisement

Eirebear wrote: »
    lol thats like saying if we had beaten Hearts Motherwell Hibs and Dundee Utd....wed be nine points clear!
    It's not really in fairness. :D

lol...come on you see the point i was trying to make.
    We have been woeful in the league (with the exception of gubbing you lot) over the passed month or so.
    yet you are only 3 points clear.
    There is a long long way to go this season and i am still fairly confident that we can win the league this year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

thought this was a Celtic thread.

Pal wrote: »

here we go again......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

I think it's perfectly fine to have Gers talk in here as that's basically what Celtic are concerned with (obviously Europe of course)...

just my 2c (Celtic follower btw)

Nice choice of words Ziggy....Grown and Evolved ;)
    From celtic fans...add in the missing link hibs fan ;) and to fully evolved Rangers fans :)

• Advertisement

lol i love this thread!

Pal wrote: »

Ah come on, huns are people too etc etc and other insincere statements :)

We allow eirebear, odonnell et al on to poke fun at, and mock when we beat them. :)

Damn, I wish we'd win an OF soon. :(

Ah come on, huns are people too etc etc and other insincere statements :)

We allow eirebear, odonnell et al on to poke fun at, and mock when we beat them. :)

Damn, I wish we'd win an OF soon. :(

We are all here to serve a purpouse EGB, and im glad you have heled us find ours..........:p
    As for the OF win, keep waiting! :D

Nice choice of words Ziggy....Grown and Evolved ;)
    From celtic fans...add in the missing link hibs fan ;) and to fully evolved Rangers fans :)

Would that be the Hibs that have beaten both of the Old firm teams already this season by any chance?. :p

Watch yer backs lads, your not as good as Strachan thinks you are, and once Walter sorts his head out for the games against the "wee teams" then well be flying.

No, it's nothing like saying that. It's one game, not 4. It's like saying that even though all we hear about in the media is how f**kin' great Smith and his new team are, we're still on top, even though we've lost an OF game. One more win against the huns would have had us 9 clear.

Our day will come 2nd Jan. ;)

FFS!!! Naka's injury that he has since the summer is still there and he's now out for another 3 weeks.

Reports in Italy say Milan want to buy Donati back already. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

A better weekend for Celtic this weekend just gone. The 3-0 drubbing from Rangers was hard to take he previous week, but you have to say hats off to them. At least with Hibs in the mix it is making for an interesting season and they have to be congratulated too for the way they are playing, as do Dundee Utd for their exploits over the weekend.

There will be a few more old firm games to go which will give Celtic a chance to recover some pride in that head-to-head. It does look as if it will be closer this season overall. The Hearts implosion looks complete and I wonder how that saga will eventually end, if a new owner will be found (maybe fans) but how many years will that take.

Redspider

TYonights predictions?

Celtic 3-1 Hearts
    Motherwell 1-2 Rangers
    Aberdeen 3-1 ICT
    Dundee UTD 2-1 Accies

TYonights predictions?

Celtic 3-1 Hearts
    Motherwell 1-2 Rangers
    Aberdeen 3-1 ICT
    Dundee UTD 2-1 Accies

Ah sure, it's a cup competition, we have to have at least one upset. :D

Hopefully it won't be in the Celtic match, so I predict:

Celtic 2 - 1 Jam Tarts
    Murderwell 2 - 1 TFOD
    Sheep 2 - 0 ICT
    Tangerines 1 - 3 Accies

I'll leave you to spot the shock result in there. :eek: :D

PauloMN wrote: »
    Ah sure, it's a cup competition, we have to have at least one upset. :D

Hopefully it won't be in the Celtic match, so I predict:

Celtic 2 - 1 Jam Tarts
    Murderwell 2 - 1 TFOD
    Sheep 2 - 0 ICT
    Tangerines 1 - 3 Accies

I'll leave you to spot the shock result in there. :eek: :D

lol, to be honest, the gers game would be the shock result....we seem to be fairly good so far in midweek games this season ;)

Tonights game is on BBC Scotland and Setanta so available free for anyone with NTL or Sky.

Big Jan is back.

Boruc
    Caldwell---Kennedy---McManus---Naylor
    Brown---Hartley---Donati

McGeady---
    Vennegoor---McDonald

• Advertisement

Looks like you got yer cup shock paul eh? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

thread title edited.

kdjac

Whats new. Our defence is a shambles. I don't know how many times I'll have to say that this season.

Hearts at their best are easily the best team outside of the Old Firm. God knows what they do be doing on their regular off days though.

eirebhoy wrote: »

Hearts at their best are easily the best team outside of the Old Firm. God knows what they do be doing on their regular off days though.

You are having a laugh aren't you?.

Their position in the League by losing to Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Inverness CT, Hibernian, Celtic and drawing with Gretna and the Sheep so far this year would suggest otherwise.

Hibs at their best have taken points from all but Motherwell and St Mirren, and beaten both of the Old firm teams as well. I'd argue that would make them better than the Jambo's - we beat them in the big pink Gorgie bus shelter as well, so I think Hibs really have the right to make that claim.

The defence is gone beyond a joke. I really fear for us next Tuesday. We had our chances, Sno missed 2 great opportunites. McGeady, and Brown were in good form this evening apart from that it was poor enough.

On a side note, I see the thread has changed to the SPL. Does this mean we have to start treating the resident huns as equals. :eek:

KdjaCL wrote: »
    thread title edited.

kdjac

Aww...i dont feel quite so dirty now ;)

Blackjack wrote: »
    You are having a laugh aren't you?.

Their position in the League by losing to Kilmarnock, Dundee United, Inverness CT, Hibernian, Celtic and drawing with Gretna and the Sheep so far this year would suggest otherwise.
    Maybe you didn't read my post right. :) Hearts haven't been at their best much this season. I felt when they beat Celtic at CP at the end of last season it was the best performance by any team against Celtic at CP all season. I think they're a really good team when they get their act together.

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Maybe you didn't read my post right. :) Hearts haven't been at their best much this season. I felt when they beat Celtic at CP at the end of last season it was the best performance by any team against Celtic at CP all season. I think they're a really good team when they get their act together.

I still think Hibs are better. We'll know more after this weekend's Derby anyway.

Looks like you got yer cup shock paul eh? ;)

LOL :D I knew as soon as I posted those predictions that I'd really set myself up! Knew you'd be quick to respond as well!!!! :D Well, they were what I wanted to happen rather than predictions, lets face it! :p

Hands up, it was a shock result, especially as I thought we played ok.

My biggest worry is the fact that we have a lot of tough games coming up, including Benfica next week. Home defeats don't happen very often, and now is the time we need to be at our best at home.

McGeady was superb, great to see him getting his form back. Defence was poor, lacking organisation tonight, and got caught out a few times. Dues to their keeper (who was he by the way????) - he had a good game and stopped a few good shots, Brown's being the best of them I thought.

Sno - my mind is now made up about him. He is not first team material, maybe he has potential etc. etc. and he is young after all, but how can he be played ahead of the likes of Riordan? Honestly, enough is enough, get him TF.

On the thread title change.... boo, hiss.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

if people are booing and hissing at the name change, ill apologise for my part in that :)

*shrug* i really didnt think the name change was necessary and at the end of the day its been one or two people popping in with the old "i thought this was a celtic discussion thread" comment that have fuelled it - and theyve never been regular posters in here in the first place!

BUT - now theres a home for everyone in a thread which is 85% about celtic and 15% about everyone else.... which is fine considering we are a mostly irish contingent.

• Advertisement
Advertisement