Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,296 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

ziggy wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Currently 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Currently 1-1

not anymore! :D:D:D:D

Obviously a jammy winner from McCulloch

Obviously a jammy winner from McCulloch

A very Jammy winner...infact it was very close to being put down as an OG by the keeper.
    but guess what?
    I DONT CARE!!!! :D

FT Scores

Rangers 2-1 hertz (good result, awful second half)
    Hibs 1-1 Falkirk
    KiLLie 3-3 Gretna (what a game!)
    Motherwell 3-0 Sheep (HAHAHAHAHAHA!)
    St Mirren 0-3 Dundee Utd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mark McGee for Scotland anyone?

Mike.

mike65 wrote: »
    Mark McgGee for Scotland anyone?

Mike.

I'd say so.
    A lot of names with a lot of respect in scotland have came out in support of him.

I'd feel sorry for motherwell though.
    He's taken them to within 6 points of there tally for the whole of last season already!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

eirebhoy wrote: »
    I don't know if it changes your prediction but that should be ICT v Celtic. :)

Sorry, my mistake, indeed it should be ICT v Celtic. :o Hate playing ICT away, always a struggle up there and tomorrow won't be any different I fear. :(

Naka - if he was moving from one EPL side to another, £10m would be what I'd place on him, but you know what EPL teams are like with "unproven" SPL players. I agree with Eirebear :eek: on this one, around £5m to £6m tops depending on how long he has left on his contract. That's not to say I agree with that valuation of course.

Hertz - what is it with their keepers and late blunders against Rangers and Celtic? Remember Gordon last season in CP? 2-1 final score also after a shocker by him.

Going to the Hibs game next week as a Christmas present to myself :D, should be a good game. One of the better known tour operators (not sure if I can mention company names on here) is doing €99 for a ticket and a night in the Jurys Inn which is decent value, although I'm there and back on the same day.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Meh, even worse than I had feared, mind you we'd have got at least a draw had it not been for a dreadful ref. Perfectly good goal disallowed, and a peno that wasn't a peno makes it impossible to get a result when we're already playing poorly.

1 point from 6 against ICT and St. Mirren. Embarrassing. How the **** are we in the last 16 of the CL? :o

Better stick a new keeper on the list as well as a couple of defenders, a midfielder and a striker. Much as I try to like Mark Brown, he's not up to scratch for us. Kinda shows how good Boruc really is.

Shocking stuff, we now must win aginst TFOD on the 2nd

What a save from Fraser at the end

ooft! didnt see (or hear i switched the radio off at 2-0) that one coming!

2 games in hand = 6pts
    win on the 2nd Jan = 3pts
    Total lead after games played = 7pts!!!! :D

Dreams can come true Loyal ;)

• Advertisement

Do we know who the ref is for Jan 2nd? I hope it's not that clown Freeland, although from today's performance, he's probably in the #1 spot for it now. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

It's crucial we get Naka back for the next Rangers game imo. I can just imagine this team trying to break down Rangers.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Do we know who the ref is for Jan 2nd? I hope it's not that clown Freeland, although from today's performance, he's probably in the #1 spot for it now. :mad:

oh the conspiracy theories are out! ;)

Just had a wee look on KDS...now that did brighten up my day, the conspiracy theory seems to be stemming from mark Brown high fiving a ICT player after the game:eek:

My concern about Naka is that he'd have to come back right now to be match fit and ready for Jan 2nd. We can't just stick him on and hope he'll solve everything. I've not heard a thing about him, is he supposed to be back soon?

As for the conspiracy theorys - no conspiracy, just a 100% sh1te ref today. Did you see the decisions? As sh1te as we played, and we did play sh1te, we still should have taken at least 1 point from that game.

As for Mark Brown - don't care about him high-fiving people, he's a rotten keeper though from what I saw of him today and the past few games.

As for the conspiracy theorys - no conspiracy, just a 100% sh1te ref today. Did you see the decisions? As sh1te as we played, and we did play sh1te, we still should have taken at least 1 point from that game.

Ach im just at the wind up mate dont worry...lets face it, were off to sheepland next...im pretty sure well drop points there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

Eirebear wrote: »
    Ach im just at the wind up mate dont worry...lets face it, were off to sheepland next...im pretty sure well drop points there

Hopefully. :D I think the next few weeks just might decide where the title is heading. I'm hoping Rangers lose 2 of the tough 4 games they have coming up, I'll not say which ones (except I already said Aberdeen I think). ;) And of course I'm hoping we don't drop more point like we have done recently. If Rangers win all those games including Jan 2nd, I think they'll be setup for the league TBH.

Hope I don't see a repeat of today's defending on Saturday. :( We've no option but to take 3 points now from every game up to the Rangers one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

What a disaster! :mad:

The defending was comical, even Mick who is probably our best defender is a liability these days.

I'm very annoyed with the linesman for the bogus offside decision which cost us a point today.

The old firm games will be hugely important this year. We need to improve a lot on todays performance if we are to have any chance.

McGeady picked up his 6th booking of the season today. Scotland uses a disciplinary point system with most yellow cards worth 3 points and some worth 2. The threshold for a ban is 18 points. McGeady could have reached that threshold. Your ban doesn't kick in for 14 days. Guess what match that would be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

And to think of what he was booked for today. Shouting at a player for fouling him.

One of the most ridiculous bookings ever... talking back to the player who just fouled you.

And to think of what he was booked for today. Shouting at a player for fouling him.

Certainly looks like it's gonna happen:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7148390.stm

Typical. We're already down a stack of players including Naka and Boruc (I'm not convinced he'll be ready in time for Jan 2nd), and now we lose the one player who has been on form recently.

So possibly we'll be without:
    Naka, Boruc, McGeady, Naylor, Wilson, Kennedy, Pressley and Doumbe. And that's assuming nobody else gets injured in the meantime.

I feel like I broke the news. :D I do really wonder if the media would know about it if I didn't post a thread on KDS last night. It didn't make the morning papers but was in the Evening Times.

Aye we could really do with McGeady for the Rangers game. Jarosik, Hartley, Brown and Donati will probably be the midfield. Not the worst though in fairness if they play at their best.

ah well looks like Hutton wont need to wear his usual old firm shorts then...you know, the one with the back pocket for aidan ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah right. :) McGeady has had plenty of great games against your lot.

I was actually realy looking forward to seeing them go at it again. Both players are on great form at the minute, ah well...so much for having footballing reasons to watch an old firm game! :D;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

(Where is Blackjack these days?)

Been busy man!:)

Not very hopeful of getting much out of the next couple of Old firm match ups for the Hibees. Fletcher has a suspected Chipped bone in his ankle. Just one win in the last 8, a bit of a dip for us given we were top of the table this year (for a few hours at least) and have dropped to 5th in the table.
    Look like a very nervous team these days, just not doing the business.

Hopefully can change that against both the Weegie teams.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Been busy man!:)

Not very hopeful of getting much out of the next couple of Old firm match ups for the Hibees. Fletcher has a suspected Chipped bone in his ankle.

I was delighted to read he'd be out of our game on Sat, we need a bit of luck. Not delighted he's injured obviously.

If Hibs start to regain a bit of form, hopefully it will be against TFOD. ;) I just can't handle the thought of dropping more points on Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Good morning.... first post in the soccer forum.... suppose I should nail my colours to the post straight away....

Season ticket holder at Ibrox... So does that double the number of us Eirebear ?

• Advertisement

FRM wrote: »
    Good morning.... first post in the soccer forum.... suppose I should nail my colours to the post straight away....

Season ticket holder at Ibrox... So does that double the number of us Eirebear ?

Wayhay! welcome aboard my good man!:D

Actually it takes us to 3! Theres another fella kicking around somewhere although hes been quiet lately. Ill need to get my O'Donnell stick out and give him a rattle....

And dont feel too intimidated by these guys....theyre a big bunch of softies at heart ;)

Who does Fwaggle support?

Who does Fwaggle support?

oooh forgot about fwaggle (sorry fwaggle!) does that take us to 4?

Surely this cant be allowed? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Fwaggle

oooh forgot about fwaggle (sorry fwaggle!) does that take us to 4?

That's alright *sniff* :D

Might as well start the ball rolling....

Did you all see the poll rating Alan Hutton as 8th best young footballer in the world ?

Surely only the top 4 in EPL could afford him this now being the case ?

Might as well start the ball rolling....

Did you all see the poll rating Alan Hutton as 8th best young footballer in the world ?

Surely only the top 4 in EPL could afford him this now being the case ?

looks like spurs are the only team targetting him mate.
    Seems to be somewhere in the region of 6 million theyre looking to offer.

I hope we dont take it coz the guy has ben on top form this year, but he needs to bear in mind that this is the first year that he has managed to really do it consistently (and were only half way through that yet!)

hes only just managed to shake his billy bigtime attitude, i hope this doesnt send him back to square 1

Eirebear he still has the Billy big time attitude.... thankfully his folks are trying to bring him down a peg or three...

Moving to Spurs wouldn't be a move up in my eyes.... how many players have left both sets of the OF and had a better career ? And I don't mean moneywise....

Eirebear he still has the Billy big time attitude.... thankfully his folks are trying to bring him down a peg or three...

Moving to Spurs wouldn't be a move up in my eyes.... how many players have left both sets of the OF and had a better career ? And I don't mean moneywise....

He does...but it doesnt seem to be affecting him on the pitch as much as it did last year.
    i dont think it would be a move upwards either....at the end of the day leaving a team like Rangers or Celtic is a big dealunless you go to one of the really major clubs.

he is far better off with us for another while and keeping improving...as ive said hes only been doing it for 6 months yet.

John Collins has resigned, didn't see that one coming:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7153893.stm

John Collins has resigned, didn't see that one coming:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7153893.stm

He was only on the news yesterday saying that he wasnt sure where he was gonna be in 12 months time, and refusing to speculate on the Scotland position.

he just smirked and said "thats the future, today is what matters".

Next scotland boss then? I hope not, dont think he is ready for it to be honest.

• Advertisement

The guy who's currently coming to the end of a 4 month ban for shouldering Kerlon when he tried the "seal dribble" against him could be signing for Celtic. The 3rd right back strongly linked this week.

Corinthians accepts Celtic’s bid for Coelho, says agent

Alexandre Sinato
    Em São Paulo

Coelho’s move to European football could be confirmed this Thursday. According to Andre Campoi, the player’s agent, Corinthians likes the proposal submitted by Celtic (Scotland) and is now finalizing the details of the agreement.

“Everything is moving along. Corinthians accepted the proposal and now is working out the form of payment,” said Campoi. “Corinthians and now is the process of responding to them. All we need now is the green light for Coelho to travel {to lGasgow}.

As soon as the financial details are completed, Coelho will be sold to the Scots for a period of three years. Celtic is one of the 16 teams who qualified for the quarter-finals of the Champions League.

The right back played for Atlético Mineiro in the most recent Brasilian championship on-loan from Corinthians. He was recalled by Corinthians, however, with the offer from the Scots, Corinthians decided to accept the transfer.

I usually ignore speculation in the transfer window, I just prefer to see the signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

C'mon the sheep shaggers 1-o up:) good for the spl

2 nil Aberdeen. Smith double. First goal was excellent but keeper out of position. Copenhagen defense as bad as Celtic's.
    I usually ignore speculation in the transfer window, I just prefer to see the signings
    Corinthians website confirm that a fee has been agreed. He'd still need a work permit though.

2 nil Aberdeen. Smith double. First goal was excellent but keeper out of position. Copenhagen defense as bad as Celtic's.

Corinthians website confirm that a fee has been agreed. He'd still need a work permit though.

is the match on telly? bbc scotland?

Badabing wrote: »
    is the match on telly? bbc scotland?
    yeh BBC Scotland. I missed the first half though. Could have been a hattrick for Smith there...

Actually, that Copenhagen defence is a lot worse than Celtic's. 3-0, own goal.

friggin ell....Copenhagen are AWFUL.
    So much for mr Sionko's big talk in the papers today, we always knew he was rubbish!:rolleyes:

4-0. Fantastic play by Aberdeen. Copenhagen look like amateurs.

• Advertisement

I'd say it's been a good few years since 3 scottish clubs have been in europe after christmas.

Advertisement