Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,913 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Good start for Samaras

Hits the woodwork on his debut!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Hit the woodwork last night did he?:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Good start for Samaras

Hits the woodwork on his debut!

Wait til you see.... knowing our luck he'll be out for the rest of the season with a head injury. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Well it'd give clubs a few week to get their pitch in order after a few months of constant football. The British leagues seem to be the only ones without a winter break. I'd rather a few weeks break from football rather than finding out a couple of hours before a game that it's off.

Anyway, with Jarosik off Robson is a good replacement. He's only 29. I thought he was at the very end of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Try 50 minutes!

Some of the weekend football is dodgy if the rain/sleet/snow/wind keeps up

Goalkeepers

Artur Boruc
    Mark Brown

Defenders

Right Back
    Andreas Hinkel
    Mark Wilson
    JJ Doumbe

Left Back
    Lee Naylor

Centre Back
    Stephen McManus
    Gary Caldwell
    Bobo Balde
    Darren O'Dea
    John Kennedy

Midfielders

Central Midfielders
    Scott Brown
    Massimo Donati
    Evander Sno
    Paul Hartley

Wide/Attacking midfielders
    Aiden McGeady
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Barry Robson
    Koki Mizuno

Strikers

Jan Vennegoor
    Scott McDonald
    Georgios Samaras
    Chris Killen

Won't be there for too long:
    Zurawski, Pressley, Riordan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

We got Hutchinson aswell now signed up.

Celtic site says it's just a pre-contract.
    And promising young Middlesbrough striker, Ben Hutchinson has signed a pre-contract with Celtic that will see him join the club in the summer

http://celticfc.net/news/stories/news_310108125648.aspx

• Advertisement

I don't know. Apparently SSN said he signed a 3 1/2 year deal.

Ah...

STRIKER Ben Hutchinson has tonight signed a three-and-a-half year contract with Celtic that will see him join the Scottish Champions immediately.

The 20-year-old, who was with English Premiership side Middlesbrough, had originally signed a pre-contract agreement with the Scottish Champions, but he is delighted to have sealed the permanent move to Celtic Park.

Speaking to the Celtic website last week, Hutchinson said: “I’m really looking forward to joining a club of Celtic’s stature.

“I know they’re a massive club and it will be a tremendous experience to play in front of 60,000 fans.

“I will be doing all I can, and working as hard as possible, to bring more success to the club.”

Hutchinson made his first-team debut for Middlesbrough back in October last year, scoring in that game against Manchester City. He has made a total of nine appearances for the club, including one in the FA Cup.

Neil Lennon joins up with Paul Lambert at Wycombe until end of season according to setanta website.

I'm excited to see how Samaras does.

26 goals in 34 starts for Heerenveen.

12 goals in 36 starts for Man City.

Same age as Scott Brown.

Looks like we got around 700k for jarosik not to bad and he would have been on 20grand a week so a good bit of buisness.

Badabing wrote: »
    Looks like we got around 700k for jarosik not to bad and he would have been on 20grand a week so a good bit of buisness.

Did we not pay over £2m quid for him? How long had he left on his contract? I was kinda sorry to see him go TBH, he seemed to pick up his form when he played recently.

Zurawski and Riordan have to go, it's ridiculous that both are still around if they're not going to be used.

We'll have Gravesen back also come the end of the season.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Did we not pay over £2m quid for him? How long had he left on his contract? I was kinda sorry to see him go TBH, he seemed to pick up his form when he played recently.

Zurawski and Riordan have to go, it's ridiculous that both are still around if they're not going to be used.

We'll have Gravesen back also come the end of the season.

I think he had 18 months left, id say it was to get him off the wage bill same with tommy g when he goes.

Zurawvski joins Larissa according to celtic website, 500 grand not bad out of contract in the summer.

Badabing wrote: »
    Zurawvski joins Larissa according to celtic website, 500 grand not bad out of contract in the summer.

Should have kept my mouth shut!! ;)

Anyone want a "Pure Magic" T-shirt? Hardly worn, going cheap! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Really impressed with Caddis in the 1st half. Great run and cross for the goal and great finish from McDonald.

Yeh Caddis has impressed. Very fast.

It's not a basic 4-4-2 today. Naka, Brown and Donati are playing in the centre (Naka covering for Caddis off the ball). McGeady's floating around a bit. It's certainly working so far. Some excellent passing and lots of chances.

Big Jan is working his socks off with Samaras on the bench.

Ditto on Caddis, done very well so far. Picking out some nice passes, and the pass from Naka that he sent in to McDonald was superb.

2 up now. Good play.

1-5 in the end and could have been more. Great performance from Celtic. Best passing I've seen in ages.

Caddis was great and delighted for Samaras, nothing better to settle in quickly than getting a debut goal.

Performance of the season so far. That's made my day. If Strachan goes and puts Naka on the right again I'll scream.

What a difference a game makes. At any other time Caddis would have won himself a place in the team for next week at least but with Hinkel to come back who knows what'll happen? Wilson is due back in the next week or 2 as well. Then there's Doumbe. Wilson can play left back and should be given a chance in place of Naylor.

I thought Samaras was a target man. :eek: He's nothing like I expected. He has pace and skill, good with the ball at his feet. He likes to drop deep, move out wide. He's much more competition for McDonald than Jan.

McGeady was poor I thought. A bit of proof that we don't rely on him to play well.

motm for me was Vennegoor. He got the ball played to his feet all day and did really well.

Anyway, just to repeat that Naka must play central midfield again next week. :)

Found a video on youtube.

Kick Target 2007
    Una Persona Vs Nakamura Vs Ronaldinho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg844GYBCCI

I haven't a clue who Una Persona is. I won't say who wins but the winner wins it by far. They have to hit targets with a limited amount of footballs. Naka goes 2nd. Ronaldinho goes 3rd.

• Advertisement

Bloody Celtic fans and their nocturnal ways leaving me talking to myself. :D

Goals:
    http://media.putfile.com/celtic-v-killie-the-goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Thanks for that EB

Where did we get that Caddis lad?

Constantly motm for the U19s/reserves.

eirebhoy wrote: »

Kick Target 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg844GYBCCI

I haven't a clue who Una Persona is. I won't say who wins but the winner wins it by far. They have to hit targets with a limited amount of footballs. Naka goes 2nd. Ronaldinho goes 3rd.

That's gas, Ronaldinho looks a bit pissed off at the end of his stint, mind you he's still smilin'.... :D:D:D:D:D I'd say that's much harder than it looks. WTF is up with the music though, goes from real laid back stuff to speed metal to pop. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

eirebhoy wrote: »

Kick Target 2007

I haven't a clue who Una Persona is. .

Una Persona is Spanish for "One person" and the person added the video is called "Kanoute" so I'm guessing he's Spanish and a Seville fan.

Una persona must just mean some random guy.

• Advertisement

Oh right.:D

I must say we were lucky to get away with a draw today, the first half we were good but Hibs controlled the game in the second half.
    I would have been raging though if Hibs had scored after the sending off which was extremely harsh IMO.

See you at Ibrox blackjack?

ziggy wrote: »

i think it was harsh because it wasnt a foul.
    Of course if the referee thought it was a foul he had no choice but to red card him.
    But i would say he got the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Eirebear wrote: »

See you at Ibrox blackjack?

Unlikely, but is entirely dependant on the date.

Not holding a lot of hope these days. Today was when we should have nailed it. Can't expect a second chance these days.

Blackjack wrote: »
    Unlikely, but is entirely dependant on the date.

Not holding a lot of hope these days. Today was when we should have nailed it. Can't expect a second chance these days.

As i said before i really thought we were luckyt to get away with a draw today i thought hibs looked by far the hungrier of the two teams, especially in the second half.
    I do however fully expect us to win at Ibrox.

One other question regarding hibs though:
    For the last 2/3 years Hibs have had a succession of keepers who i watch week in week out on highlights programmes trowing the ball into their own net....how com eive yet to see this happen against us!?! ;)

And what's the story with the keepers jersey being about 10 sizes to big?

As i said before i really thought we were luckyt to get away with a draw today i thought hibs looked by far the hungrier of the two teams, especially in the second half.
    I do however fully expect us to win at Ibrox.

One other question regarding hibs though:
    For the last 2/3 years Hibs have had a succession of keepers who i watch week in week out on highlights programmes trowing the ball into their own net....how com eive yet to see this happen against us!?! ;)

28th of April last year our keeper gifted you 2 goals, we drew 3 all.

Great game all the same. You always get value for money when there's 6 goals in a game, and it ends up as a draw.

• Advertisement

28th of April last year our keeper gifted you 2 goals, we drew 3 all.

Great game all the same. You always get value for money when there's 6 goals in a game, and it ends up as a draw.

Ah yeah, i remember that one.
    COme to think of it, you lot have been a right problem team for us over the last few years, probably for both us and Celtic actually.
    Is it a case of "raising your game" for the old firm and falling away against the other teams?:confused:

Is it a case of "raising your game" for the old firm and falling away against the other teams?:confused:

I think all the teams make a special effort against the old firm.

Dundee utd are in the cis final now and we were to play them on the 16th march how the hell and when the hell are the spl going to rearrange all the fixtures:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

I was at the CIS insurance cup semi final last night. Terrible game. Both clubs could be in trouble for the behaviour of some of the fans. Dundee goalkeeper could also be in trouble for insiting the crowd.

Dundee fan began by throwing coins and other objects at Jamie Langfield at the start of the second half. It had an obvious affect on him, he had a shocker after that. He sliced a routine clearance out for a corner, Dundee score from the corner. All of the players run to celebrate together, except the goalkeeper who turned to the Aberdeen fans and gestured a number of times, including v signs and calling them ****. Then they started throwing coins.

I was at the CIS insurance cup semi final last night. Terrible game. Both clubs could be in trouble for the behaviour of some of the fans. Dundee goalkeeper could also be in trouble for insiting the crowd.

Dundee fan began by throwing coins and other objects at Jamie Langfield at the start of the second half. It had an obvious affect on him, he had a shocker after that. He sliced a routine clearance out for a corner, Dundee score from the corner. All of the players run to celebrate together, except the goalkeeper who turned to the Aberdeen fans and gestured a number of times, including v signs and calling them ****. Then they started throwing coins.

Aberdeen fans throwing coins?. Hardly real money surely!.

Sorry, couldn't resist. That's fairly shocking behaviour. Keeper should really get a 2 game ban at the least for that. Have seen it been handed out for less to be honest.

Aberdeen fans throwing coins?. Hardly real money surely!.

It was real apparently Stewart Milne was seen picking it up off of the pitch afterwards ;)
    Sorry, couldn't resist. That's fairly shocking behaviour. Keeper should really get a 2 game ban at the least for that. Have seen it been handed out for less to be honest.

Depends on if it was in the report I suppose, hopefully he does. I was at the game as a neutral, and to be honest he hadn't gotten any abuse up until that point.

well i think everyone knows my feelings on aberdeen and there fans, so im not surprised by them.
    The arabs on the other hand are generally a fairly benign bunch, so im quite shocked by their behaviour

... except the goalkeeper who turned to the Aberdeen fans and gestured a number of times, including v signs and calling them ****.

Ah that's ok, as long as he didn't bless himself. That really offends certain sections of Scottish society. ;)

Ah that's ok, as long as he didn't bless himself. That really offends certain sections of Scottish society. ;)

dont get me started you.......:p

• Advertisement

Oh he blessed himself as well, he will be in real trouble for that ;) Police have been to talk to him anyway.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_cups/7230007.stm
    Dundee United goalkeeper Lucasz Zaluska could be in trouble with the Scottish FA along with his club and CIS Cup semi-final opponents Aberdeen.

The Pole was spoken to by Lothian and Borders Police following Tuesday's match at Tynecastle.

Police were unhappy with gestures he made towards some Aberdeen fans and warned him about his future conduct.

The two clubs could also be in trouble after objects were thrown by supporters during United's 4-1 victory.

A coin, thrown from an area of the Edinburgh stadium housing Aberdeen fans, struck referee Iain Brines as he sent off Dons striker Lee Miller.

And the game was briefly halted after Aberdeen goalkeeper Jamie Langfield was pelted by missiles, including a plastic cup.

Those incidents and Zaluska's actions are likely to feature prominently in Brines' report, which is expected to be delivered to the SFA on Thursday.

Depending on how the official viewed the incident, the goalkeeper could face a heavy fine or a ban.

The SFA will write to both clubs seeking their comments.

They could then be asked to appear before the disciplinary committee, which next meets on 18 March.

Aberdeen boss Jimmy Calderwood refused to blame the defeat on the missile-throwing incident involving Langfield.

"That would be sad if it affected his concentration," he said.

"You need to have a bit of personality and get on with it.

"It was only a carton of milk."

United's victory sets up a final meeting with Rangers at Hampden on 16 March.

Advertisement