Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

FRM wrote: »
    The silence is always deafening from the East end of the city on certain things.....

What exactly do you want to hear? That I approve or do not approve of the singing?

Unlike the "article" that Eirebear posted up, there's not much to debate on the one you posted. Bold boys singing bad songs, UEFA to investigate etc.. I'm not sure what I can add to that really.

Eirebear there seems to be the possibility of a tImplosion tomorrow if the result goes the wrong way for them..... they are getting all heat up over Scotland after all.... what will the wrong result do to them!!!

I assume you two will be getting a hotel room together if you win. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

I'm hunting for the spelling of hypocrisy.... :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

I honestly reckon if we win tomorrow then time is ticking on Stachans reign, and hell walk before he is pushed.

Gotta agree with Paul here though, i could live without the BJK stuff

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eirebear wrote: »
    I honestly reckon if we win tomorrow then time is ticking on Stachans reign, and hell walk before he is pushed.

I think you're right, on both counts.

If we lose the league, he won't be fired. He'll walk though.

PauloMN wrote: »
    I think you're right, on both counts.

If we lose the league, he won't be fired. He'll walk though.

It wont be the first tim hes done it, i can honestly see him going before your wee holiday in Japan...

It wont be the first tim hes done it, i can honestly see him going before your wee holiday in Japan...

I won't be too sad to see him go if he does. He has done some great things with the club - CL, two leagues etc. - and he must be given credit for that, but tactically I don't rate him very highly.

His signings have been good overall I think, but he doesn't get the best from them. Also this refusal to play Riordan - for whatever reason - has got on my nerves this season. He seems to blank players that he doesn't get on with, which annoys me when it's to the detriment of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I wonder if GS would be a good director of football for Celtic considering his strengths

Dempsey wrote: »
    I wonder if GS would be a good director of football for Celtic considering his strengths

i dont think he'd be happy in that kind of a role, hes far too egotistical!;)

Right lads, prediction time.

I expect to see this team:

Boruc

Hinkel --- Caldwell --- McManus --- Naylor

Robson --- Brown --- Hartley --- McGeady

JVoH
    McDonald

Samaras, Naka, Balde, Sno on the bench.

Would prefer not to have Brown play at all (Sno instead) and Samaras to start, but WGS won't do either IMO.

Score prediction: obviously I want the win, but I'll go with a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Maybe if the game was at CP I would have said Celtic would get a draw but I can't see past a Rangers win.

I'll say 2-0

• Advertisement

The nerves are jangling already i tell ya....it feels like years since the last one!

McGregor

Whittaker--Weir--Cuellar--Broadfoot

Dailly

Burke---Ferguson--Thomson--Adam

JCD

Id rather not see burke play...but there ya go.

Prediction......2-2, ill be happy enough with a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,413 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Celtic will not lose this game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

is it true that Rangers are giving the tickets away for free to their next European away game as a thank you to their support? if thats true its quality.

The away game in Lisbon

yea, thats the game i heard, is that true?

Yes it is true, Murray has defrauded them many times he must give them a gesture :D

excellent

Yep, 2,500 travel club members will get tickets free based on previous attendance.
    Great gesture from the club...but as ADIG says, its probably about time! :D

• Advertisement

Tickets are 28 quid...expensive yes, but same price as the Panathanaikos home leg.

Never believe what you read in Celtic Forums ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I'm kind of nervous about tomorrow if truth be told. Not at all confident of a win. Would gladly take the draw, and i think that is the most likely outcome.

I'm kind of nervous about tomorrow if truth be told. Not at all confident of a win. Would gladly take the draw, and i think that is the most likely outcome.

Yep, i think this has got draw written all over it.

Theres a lot of confidence on the rangers forums, and a distinct lack of it on the celtic forums......that scares me

well, just over twelve hours to go...the nerves are a jangling...

May the best team win!

No scratch that...i dont give a toss how we beat you!:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭jimmyboy

boruc
    hinkel
    caldwell
    mcmanus
    naylor
    naka
    hartley
    brown
    mcgeady
    jan
    samaras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Rangers

* 01 McGregor
    * 21 Broadfoot
    * 24 Cuellar
    * 03 Weir
    * 28 Whittaker
    * 23 Dailly
    * 08 Thomson
    * 12 Davis
    * 06 Ferguson
    * 27 McCulloch
    * 19 Darcheville

Substitutes

* 25 Alexander,
    * 09 Boyd,
    * 10 Novo,
    * 11 Adam,
    * 18 Naismith,
    * 36 Furman,
    * 37 McMillan

Celtic

* 01 Boruc
    * 02 Hinkel
    * 05 Caldwell
    * 44 McManus
    * 03 Naylor
    * 25 Nakamura
    * 08 Brown
    * 11 Hartley
    * 46 McGeady
    * 10 Vennegoor of Hesselink
    * 09 Samaras

Substitutes

* 21 Brown,
    * 12 Wilson,
    * 15 Sno,
    * 18 Donati,
    * 19 Robson,
    * 27 McDonald,
    * 48 O'Dea

Ref: S Dougal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Is not a great game TBH lads.

1-0 rangers, awful defending. Megs the keeper.

Celtic playing the better football, Rangers doing their anti-football again but go and score :mad::mad:

Naka Territory ? thought he would have been better off shooting there.

• Advertisement

Diving from Broadfoot gets Naylor a yellow

dive from thomson should see him off really. Threw himself down and kicked samaras to make it look like a foul.

Another dive from a Rangers player gets Boruc booked. Thomson should be off the park with a 2nd yellow, not injuring himself diving

WTF 3 minutes of stoppage time???

Cheating Thomson was on the deck for 3.5 minutes!! What a crock of **** from Dougal

WTF 3 minutes of stoppage time???

Cheating Thomson was on the deck for 3.5 minutes!! What a crock of **** from Dougal

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Did I say HA!?

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/iggybumtastic/Random%20Stuff/celtcgravestonecopyqt9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Well, that's the season over bar the shouting. Rangers will inevitably win the league.

I thought Celtic were a bit unfortunate today. They played the better football, and created the better chances. It was a close game though. Brown should have scored from one of his chances, and a better pass at other times could have seen a move come off. Rangers chance came as the game opened up a lot in the latter stages of the 1st half, push was coming to shove, and unfortunately it was Rangers that scored. It was a well worked move down that side, I thought Boruc should have done better and not have jumped up so much off the ground.

Oh well ..... another season over. Sometimes from pain better things come from it. We'll wait and see.

Redspider

redspider wrote: »
    Well, that's the season over bar the shouting. Rangers will inevitably win the league.

I thought Celtic were a bit unfortunate today. They played the better football, and created the better chances. It was a close game though. Brown should have scored from one of his chances, and a better pass at other times could have seen a move come off. Rangers chance came as the game opened up a lot in the latter stages of the 1st half, push was coming to shove, and unfortunately it was Rangers that scored. It was a well worked move down that side, I thought Boruc should have done better and not have jumped up so much off the ground.

Oh well ..... another season over. Sometimes from pain better things come from it. We'll wait and see.

Redspider

Redspider normally i agree with your ideas on a game.
    But Mcgregor had ONE save to pull off today.

Pisser of a result, haven't seen the match yet unfortunately (don't go there), will post my thoughts on the game when I do.

It now means of course we need a favour from someone else even if we win all our remaining games. As much as this has seriously dented our title hopes, I wouldn't concede anything yet. Rangers will drop points before end of season, we just have to try and take advantage of when they do. They'll drop 2 next week for starters. :D

EternalOptimists CSC

Redspider normally i agree with your ideas on a game.
    But Mcgregor had ONE save to pull off today.

First of all, Hinkel and Brown(went down, penalty) both forced McGregor into saves.
    It was a game of little chances but Celtic had the greater chances without forcing mcgregor into saves.
    Dont think boruc had too much to do either.

Thompson is a cheatin **** and I hope he is seriously injured.

BTW 4-5-1 at home. Typical:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

redspider wrote:
    Celtic played the better football, and created the better chances. It was a close game though.
    Redspider normally i agree with your ideas on a game. But Mcgregor had ONE save to pull off today.

Well, according to the BBC's website (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/live_text/4785137.stm) they give it as Celtic having 6 (six) shots on target, and Rangers 7. I did say it was a close game though, maybe I should have wrote it as slightly better rather than better. Its a subjective call, although I try to judge a match as neutral as possible.

But you are right, in that the Rangers goalie didnt have many brilliant saves to pull off. There is no need to 'split hairs' over this. The game and result is as it was. It was probably a 50-50 type of game with Celtic deserving at least half the spoils. But thats football. If you dont score, you cant win. Rangers take the spoils today and with that, in my estimation, the league title, as today was a must-win day for Celtic.

Redspider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

Our title aspirations are firmly buried 6 feet under now.

The dissapointing thing for me is that we were beaten by quite an average Rangers team, and Walter Smith deserves huge credit for bringing a bunch of mediocres to where they are.

We lacked the guile to unlock the defence, and we're always liable to conceed. A lot of problems to be addressed

redspider wrote: »
    Well, according to the BBC's website (http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/live_text/4785137.stm) they give it as Celtic having 6 (six) shots on target, and Rangers 7. I did say it was a close game though, maybe I should have wrote it as slightly better rather than better. Its a subjective call, although I try to judge a match as neutral as possible.

But you are right, in that the Rangers goalie didnt have many brilliant saves to pull off. There is no need to 'split hairs' over this. The game and result is as it was. It was probably a 50-50 type of game with Celtic deserving at least half the spoils. But thats football. If you dont score, you cant win. Rangers take the spoils today and with that, in my estimation, the league title, as today was a must-win day for Celtic.

Redspider

Fair enough, TBH i was probably a little carried away with it all yesterday.

There really isnt all that much between the two teams, but as people have already said, Smith has done a wonderful job in bringing together the sort of team spirit which makes us very hard to beat.

I fully expect him to build on that during the summer by bringing in a couple of flair players
    Thompson is a cheatin **** and I hope he is seriously injured.

BTW 4-5-1 at home. Typical

Thats just lovely.

BTW winning at home with another clean sheet, Typical:rolleyes:

Thats just lovely.

I'm not one one that would ever wish an injury upon someone but in the manner that it happened(he deaserves it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭FRM

Yet again short memories from the East side of the city.... Mutton and scuba Stan got away with diving for years during the O'Squeel years....

wonder if we will make it 110 trophies this year :D:D:D:D

Now now now whats all this being reported about Uefa looking into some shennanigans in Barcelona by the Greatest Supporters in thre world..... tut tut tut....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7318430.stm

Not really a surprise. Maybe if the anti-Celtic brigade want to get us into trouble with UEFA they should try a little harder next time. I would suggest removing "1690", "loyal" etc. from the user names they post stuff on YouTube with as it's a bit of a give away that they might just have a wee agenda.

PauloMN wrote: »
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/7318430.stm

Not really a surprise. Maybe if the anti-Celtic brigade want to get us into trouble with UEFA they should try a little harder next time. I would suggest removing "1690", "loyal" etc. from the user names they post stuff on YouTube with as it's a bit of a give away that they might just have a wee agenda.

Awww diddums Paul...did someone try and get the poor wee angelic Celtic fans in trouble? Terrible that is, absolutely terrible, you must feel so hard done by. I mean you lot would never do things like that would you? ;)

Surprise surprise... Cheating Thompson is now fit. He writhed on the ground for nearly 5 minutes on Saturday as if somebody chopped his leg off. Obviously a case of a pretend injury just in case the ref was thinking bout a booking which would result in a red card!!

Over to you Gordon Smith and let us know if you are serious about diving and cheating from footballers. Here are 2 perfect cases... Broadfoot and Thomson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

jimmyboy wrote: »
    BTW 4-5-1 at home. Typical:rolleyes:

Don't be too bitter that you were beaten mate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

Our title aspirations are firmly buried 6 feet under now.

The dissapointing thing for me is that we were beaten by quite an average Rangers team, and Walter Smith deserves huge credit for bringing a bunch of mediocres to where they are.

We lacked the guile to unlock the defence, and we're always liable to conceed. A lot of problems to be addressed

luckily though mate - the beaten team were a quite average celtic team, so the universe can function normally for the time being at least!

Advertisement