Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Scottish PL discussion thread

1535455565759»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Is the Celtic game on tv?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

now the rest of the Staff in Gorgie have to wait longer for their wages - if at all.

Rumours going round that the contract cleaners have walked out because they were not paid......

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Would you be happy to see them go to the wall Blackjack?

Much as I dislike the mini-huns, their demise would be a blow to the SPL and would be the last thing the SPL needs.

If they could just get rid of Romanov...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

PauloMN wrote: »
    Would you be happy to see them go to the wall Blackjack?

Much as I dislike the mini-huns, their demise would be a blow to the SPL and would be the last thing the SPL needs.

If they could just get rid of Romanov...

No, to be honest their position concerns me. Hibs were in a similar situation not that many years ago but thankfully prudent financial management from Rod Petrie has kept them on the right track and having reduced their debt.

I would agree their demise would be a blow to the SPL. Mind you, them fighting relegation continually for a number of years as well as taking a continuous 7-0 beating in each Edinburgh Derby for a series of years, particular at the big pink bus shelter in Gorgie would make me smile a bit. While I'm at it Hibs hockeying them in the Scottish Cup final about 6-0 would please me also.

Relegation however would be bad, as this would prevent the 7-0 thrashings that Hibs would mete out to them 3 times a year.
    What I definetly wouldn't like is to see them go to the wall as Gretna did, although I wonder will people take as much delight in Hearts Demise (were it to happen) as those that enjoyed Gretna's failure?.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Blackjack wrote: »
    No, to be honest their position concerns me. Hibs were in a similar situation not that many years ago but thankfully prudent financial management from Rod Petrie has kept them on the right track and having reduced their debt.

I would agree their demise would be a blow to the SPL. Mind you, them fighting relegation continually for a number of years as well as taking a continuous 7-0 beating in each Edinburgh Derby for a series of years, particular at the big pink bus shelter in Gorgie would make me smile a bit. While I'm at it Hibs hockeying them in the Scottish Cup final about 6-0 would please me also.

Relegation however would be bad, as this would prevent the 7-0 thrashings that Hibs would mete out to them 3 times a year.
    What I definetly wouldn't like is to see them go to the wall as Gretna did, although I wonder will people take as much delight in Hearts Demise (were it to happen) as those that enjoyed Gretna's failure?.

:D

Well the Gretna thing was a bit different in that they should never really have been in the SPL in the first place. I felt sorry for their players but it was a pretty sad state of affairs when their own ground wasn't even a suitable standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

ziggy wrote: »

What, would that be his fellow Catholics Lorenzo Amoruso and Jorg Albertz who still visit Ibrox on a regular basis?
    Albertz who came back to Scotland to play for Clyde last season to do his FRIEND Andy Goram a favour?

As for his "Illness" were all so sure that this had nothing to do with the fact that Sergio Porrini (another fellow catholic who Negri mysteriously fails to mention) beat him to a pulp after catching Negri with his wife?

**** off Negri, your a no mark, this was proved after you left Rangers. What exactly did you go on to achieve with the rest of your career?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

My Rangers supporting pals speak so highly of Amoruso and Albertz I just dont buy it for a second. Its simply more anti Rangers propaganda on this board. They were Rangers heros, the Rangers supporters I ever talked too couldnt care less about their religion.

Incidently, apparently Amoruso admitted he received hate mail from the supporters of a certain football club accusing him of betraying his faith for signing for Rangers!

• Advertisement

Seems to me that this is another lame attempt by Celtic fans to make sure everyone know about the "Evil Hun".
    Thats not a dig at you BTW Ziggy, more a comment on the sad, lonely bastard that felt the need to email it to all his "friends" when he found it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Okay I know it is the Sun but I saw the headline in the newsagents earlier

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/article1775333.ece
    BIGOTED yobs who trashed the cars of Rangers ace Allan McGregor and his fiancée were branded “moronic idiots” by the star’s pals last night — after they MISSPELLED their taunts.

The vandals tried to scratch ‘Holy Goalie’, nickname of McGregor’s Celtic rival Artur Boruc, into the bonnet of the keeper’s Bentley — but ended up with “HOLLY GOALY”.

The illiterate neds attacked two cars parked outside the home McGregor shares with wife-to-be Leah Shevlin in Glasgow’s posh West End.

They keyed ‘IRA’ into the paintwork on Leah’s deluxe Range Rover Sport — bought for her by McGregor under two months ago.
    Ramblings

And they covered McGregor’s 200mph Bentley with MORE illegible ramblings — causing thousands of pounds worth of damage to both cars.

But last night a pal of the Rangers ace said: “The people responsible are morons. It’s a sad sign of the times that playing for the Old Firm means that your property is at risk like this.

“But the fact these idiots couldn’t even spell the word ‘Holy’ says it all really.”

It is the THIRD time vandals have targeted keeper McGregor’s super-car, which he only bought in February this year.

Last night cops and Rangers bosses were probing the latest incident. Ibrox security supremo Kenny Scott said: “It’s an act of vandalism and we reported the matter to the police.”

Forensic teams studied the damage on the two cars and dusted for fingerprints. And uniformed officers were carrying out door to door enquires in the leafy Kelvingrove neighbourhood in a bid to catch the vandals. Cops also quizzed the playboy Gers keeper at his apartment.

The cars were hit after McGregor appeared in his side’s shock 1-0 defeat away to St Mirren on Sunday. The attack came just hours after it was reported McGregor and Leah were at war with their neighbours over her wild partying and an alleged unpaid £3,000 garden bill.

It follows another attack on the keeper’s Bentley in March — when yobs poured BRAKE FLUID on it and wrecked the paintwork. The louts also spray-painted DUFC — short for Dundee United Football Club — across the bonnet.

It is thought the car was hit DURING the CIS Cup Final at Hampden while McGregor was inside the national stadium helping his side to a penalty shoot-out victory over the Tangerines.

Then last month the motor was attacked again, with flour bombs, as McGregor made his way to a game at Ibrox.

McGregor bought the 4x4 for Leah in August. Last night a spokeswoman for anti-sectarian organisation Nil by Mouth said the group could not comment because of the ongoing police investigation.
    Vandalism

A Strathclyde Police spokesman confirmed: “We have received a report of vandalism to both cars and enquiries are continuing.”

McGregor is not the only Old Firm star to have been targeted in recent times. Gers’ Spanish ace Nacho Novo, 29, had to call in extra protection last month after yobs put his home address on a Celtic fans’ website. A wild west ‘Wanted’ poster was also circulated on the net.

In 2004, Novo’s BMW convertible had its tyres slashed.

Earlier that year, ex-Ibrox ace Mikel Arteta’s £85,000 Porsche was badly damaged when three neds launched a Basil Fawlty-style attack with a tree sapling.

In February 2002, Gers striker Tore Andre Flo’s BMW was attacked and scratched with the words “Celtic FC Number One” the day after an Old Firm game.

In 2003 cars belonging to Rangers stars, first team coach Jan Wouters and doctor Gert Jan Goudeswaard were pelted with ROCKS in Cambuslang, Glasgow.

In February this year, serial thief James Hughes was jailed for four years and four months after going on an Old-Firm themed rampage, netting goods worth £75,000.

In March Hoops boss Gordon Strachan’s luxury home in Bothwell, Lanarkshire was burgled — while he and his wife slept.

McGregor was unavailable for comment last night.

PauloMN wrote: »

Yeah sad news all round.

Feel very sorry for his daughter, days after losing her husband.

RIP Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Very sad news indeed....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

R.I.P Eddie

A man who served his club well

Rangers vs Dundee Utd game postponed this weekend.

Advertisement