Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

online payments - who to use

Options
  • 30-11-2006 1:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 91 ✭✭

Im going to be selling DVD's online - maybe 5 a month!

I wonder if anyone have expereience using Paypal, Realex or Worldpay. If so please let me know the pros and cons.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

if your expected sales level is 5 per month then paypal is definitely the best route for you to go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Paypal or Realex

Avoid Worldpay like the plague

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Sorry if this is thought as thread hijacking... I'll remove it and post it as a new thread if you want/think-it-best...

I've just come up with a very similar problem. We've developed a software product that we want to put on a web site, user comes and pays via credit card, and then downloads the install file, and then is sent a license key via
    email.

So it would involve some hosting services, some credit card authentication and some licensing. The best we've come up with is digitalriver, but can anyone recommend anyone else?. Can be based on price, functionality or anything else.

You could use Paypal's API

blacknight wrote:
    You could use Paypal's API

Well we don't want to do any coding for this. Our expertise isn't in web development, and we intend out-sourcing the whole lot of it if possible. So if there was a one-stop-shop it would be perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I'm sure you can handle a bit of Paypal api coding if you make software products :)

Oh I'm sure we could, but then we'd have to sort ourselves out for hosting the exe/zip file as well, and the design of the webpages, and make someone responsible for supporting the whole thing in the future.

We don't have the time or the resources for all that. We've got a pretty tight roadmap of future releases. We just want to be able to upload the newest releases as they become available, and receive the money from sales.

Paypal doesn't look very professional either. We'd be looking to deal with some pretty decent sized corporate clients for this, it needs to look slick and not something cobbled together and amateurish. Although maybe its possible to hide from the buyer that you're using paypal at all.

There's nothing wrong with using Paypal's API. Lots of companies use it.

If you go digging around on Hotscripts you'll probably find something. A quick search got me:
    http://hotscripts.com/search/13088508.html

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

This may be of interest to you:

http://www.davidbehan.com/blog/?p=7

Advertisement