Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help Wiring Light

Options
  • 30-11-2006 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

I have bought some new lights for the house and decided to install them myself. When I took down the old light it had 3 live ( brown) 2 netural (blue) and an earth. The light up stairs in the same. I thought i could just put blue with blue brown with brown etc.. and it would work. But it does'nt??

My question does anyone know which way to wire these as I rang the electrician and he said there in a loop and cant get to me till next week and wont tell me which way to do it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Beach Head

All of the Blue(Nuetral) cables together.

Two of the brown(Live) cables together. In a connector block, not connected at all to the light fitting.

One of the Brown(Live) cables connected to the brown of the light.

This could take you a little bit of time, trial and error, but if you stick with it you will get it.

Also, Dont forget your Earths!

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Hi i tried that but light just stays on wont switch off. Even when light is switched off it stays on. Any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Thanks for your help got it working after.

Advertisement