Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Big One

Options
  • 30-11-2006 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Well it's that time of year again, NLD day as we prepare to visit the new & improved library.

I reckon we have as good a chance of beating the auld enemy on Saturday as we've ever had in the past 10 years. Hopfully our boys will go there with the mental strength and belief that's needed on these occaisions.

I'm no football tactician so I'll leave that up to the experts. I just hope and prey we turn over those smug cnuts once and for all.

Saturday could well go down as a major turning point in both clubs fortunes.
    It could be the day when the football power in North London finally began to shift its way back down the high road from where it came many years ago.

Can't wait for it, bring em on, bring those plastic, prawn sandwich eating goon cnuts on, we've waited long enough. The day has come to set the wrongs right.

COME ON YOU SPURS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

I think the tide has been slowly turning over the past couple of seasons. Our mindset has changed. Last April when we drew with them I was dissappointed because we were better and should have won. We now know we can match and beat them. Lets go out and do it on Saturday!

Come on you Spurs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

did anyone hear Wenger's comments about the upcoming derby.
    "We have a difficult game coming up against Tottenham, and I do not agree at all with the way the fixtures have been organised - it is a farce," bemoaned the Frenchman.

"We play now against opponents who did not play this week - but we will beat them."
    :mad:

this should be pinned up in the Spurs dressing room before the game.

and, good news- Henry is OUT...:D

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

According to the Beeb, Henry is out with a neck injury!

Senderos is banned, and Gallas is not included in the squad listing.

Most confident I've been in a long while before the derby, won't go so far as to say the balance of power in North London will shift, but I reckon we will get the win.

2-1 Spurs.

el diablo wrote:

this should be pinned up in the Spurs dressing room before the game.

No problem with him saying they'll beat us (I'd expect Jol to say the same) but the whinge about too many games is a load of old bollox.

Where will the Childcatcher be when we're playing Boro next Tuesday while our opponents the next Saturday have a full week to recover?

Where will he be the following week when we're playing in the Wafer Cup and his side are having a break?

We'd gladly have swapped with them and taken their CL place last year...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im going for a 2-0 nwin to spurs.

thats my heart speaking.

my head says it will be 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think we've a great chance but the fact that we haven't won any away games in the league so far this season is a worry.

11 spineless ****s disgraced themselves today.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

11 spineless ****s disgraced themselves today.

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    yes, another embarrassing away performance. shouldn't have expected any more them....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'm just totally speechless .... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Well it's that time of year again, NLD day as we prepare to visit the new & improved library.

I reckon we have as good a chance of beating the auld enemy on Saturday as we've ever had in the past 10 years. Hopfully our boys will go there with the mental strength and belief that's needed on these occaisions.

I'm no football tactician so I'll leave that up to the experts. I just hope and prey we turn over those smug cnuts once and for all.

Saturday could well go down as a major turning point in both clubs fortunes.
    It could be the day when the football power in North London finally began to shift its way back down the high road from where it came many years ago.

Can't wait for it, bring em on, bring those plastic, prawn sandwich eating goon cnuts on, we've waited long enough. The day has come to set the wrongs right.

COME ON YOU SPURS

What a load of bollox - Sometimes I hate Spurs so much

• Advertisement

well, we've 2 very winable home games coming in the next 6 days. Middlesboro and Charlton at home. I expect nothing less than 6 points and our goal difference to be brought into positive figures...:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

lol better luck next time boys! ;)

jank wrote:
    hope you're not arsenal scum are ya?:mad:

jank wrote:

*yawn*

Tiresome jank, I preferred your earlier work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Spineless and gutless! Piss poor performance. Story going around that Jol had them in on Sunday and some of them think we played ok :eek:
    He should have put a big banner up in Spurs Lodge with "Where's yere ****in pride?" written on it in 6 ft high letters to welcome them in!

Fair play to Jol for not using Poll as an excuse for losing and I'm doing it either but the 1st goal fair enuff could have gone either way but the penalties were a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I'm still trying to erase this from my memory.... But isn't this typical Spurs ...The highs of beating Chel$ki and then the lows of losing to the scum ...

Anyway .. i hope the players have had the rocket up the ar$e they deserved and show some steel and grit tomorrow and get back to winning ways ...

Decisions from the game on Saturday may not have gone our way, but all the more reason to stand up and be counted ... shrug that off and get stuck in with a bit of pride.

We have a run of games now which we should win ...lets hope the boys don't let us down again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Just watched the game there this morning (was working on Saturday). Maybe it's because I was expecting something dreadful from all the comment but don't actually think we were that bad. Weren't really outclassed too much and all teh goals were disputable decisions.

I don't think we deserved to win or anything but it wasn't that bad (minus BAE and Berbatov). I don't think there was that much to suggest we can't pick thigns back up for Boro and Charlton at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Awful and heartless - hard to take.
    Still too many prima donnas - as for Assou, go home you're no full back!!
    Now we have Lee - oops.

well, at least we beat Boro tonight. though I hear we were very wasteful in front of goal again...:rolleyes:

Advertisement